Christian Ballard Character Concerns?

Payton34Mase13

So, I'm reading a 2nd-round Mock Draft at cbssportsline.com written by Rob Rang and he has Ballard going to Seattle at No. 57.

However, he writes...

Character concerns could push Ballard down the board a bit, but at 6-4, 288 pounds he has the size potential to fill the Seahawks' need as a penetrating three-technique defensive tackle.

What character concerns? I know people needed to hear the Clayborn story, but I'd heard nothing about Ballard. Am I out of the loop? Someone fill me in, if possible.

Not just tested positive for weed, but the positive test was at the NFL Combine...and you know when that is months and years in advance. A horrible decision on his part.

Just wait to get into the NFL before you smoke...far fewer ramifications.

How difficult is it to quit weed? Even if just for a month? If I knew $60 for weed was gonna cost me probably $3.5 million then I think I'd find some way to quit for a while.

Ballards kind of an enigma. with his physical tools, youd think hed have made more plays. Mitch King didnt have his measureables but made a lot more plays.

Enigma...not any more...apparently he is an idiot. Usually guys from Iowa don't make stupid decisions...at least the ones who make it to the NFL. He will prolly have one chance to make a team and if that doesn't work you won't see him on a field again.

What a stupid move on his part!!!! Dropped all the way into the 4-7th round, if at all. Must have been some good WEED.......

How difficult is it to quit weed? Even if just for a month? If I knew $60 for weed was gonna cost me probably $3.5 million then I think I'd find some way to quit for a while.

The irony of it is he'll have less money for weed, so now he'll probably stop using it. ;)

Character concerns could push Ballard down the board a bit

What character concerns?

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting Mickey Mouse is supportive, but Donald Duck, Goofy and Marvin the Martian do not approve.
marvin-the-martian.gif

I heard McShay say that there were off the field character problems (obvious) but that there were also on the field chracter problems. Is McShay just an idiot (don't answer that ;)) or is there something else that I missed. I never had a concern about Ballard doing what was best for the team on the field.

He knew he was getting tested so either he is addicted or a complete idiot. Either way that is a bad sign.

I heard McShay say that there were off the field character problems (obvious) but that there were also on the field chracter problems. Is McShay just an idiot (don't answer that ;)) or is there something else that I missed. I never had a concern about Ballard doing what was best for the team on the field.

Generally speaking, McShay is an idiot. But, if his on-field character issues were to mean that he takes plays off, then I get it. I've seen that in a few scouting reports about Ballard lately.

Muddy, Christian, and myself are all on the same page - "there shouldn't be no lawwwwww!" :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liX7zPV095Q]YouTube - Muddy Waters "Champagne & Reefer"[/ame]

And you guys still have the nerve to talk about how stupid and corrupt people in the SEC are? Smoking weed before the combine? Really? What's next? He's going to call the police to tell them that his car got stolen while he was robbing a liquor store?

And you guys still have the nerve to talk about how stupid and corrupt people in the SEC are? Smoking weed before the combine? Really? What's next? He's going to call the police to tell them that his car got stolen while he was robbing a liquor store?

Didn't Percy Harvin test positive for weed at the Combine? Yeah, he did.

Didn't Percy Harvin test positive for weed at the Combine? Yeah, he did.

I am not the one who hides behind academics and ethics to compensate for the fact that my conference sucks at football.

So in effect, Percy Harvin is a lot like this Ballard guy, except he was a first round pick and has championship rings. We both have to put up with criminals and idiots, but at least ours do something besides embarass us, namely win once in a while.

Latest posts