Chris Street Love

For context--Painter played against Street in '91 and '92 and was a senior starting PG for the Boilermakers when Street passed away in '93.

I have decided I will appreciate Purdue, except for those few days of the year they play Iowa in whatever sport.

Would have made the League. No doubt in my mind. He worked feverishly on improving his game and came back every year with another layer added. Remember, he was a bigger football than basketball prospect in high school which may be one reason why Tom wanted to lock him up early. He did much of his basketball developing on the collegiate level. He had a good sense of anticipation in trapping/pressing situations. Loose balls always seemed to bounce to him. Would have been the Alpha Dog his senior year after losing Acie Earl and several others to graduation. He and Russ Millard would have been a two man wrecking crew inside, with Street as the all around senior and Millard the freakish athlete, with a young Jess Settles backing them up.

His game, however, was more Ryan Bowen than Settles or Millard and that's what would have set him apart. He had a sixth sense for seeing things out there, like Bowen, worked hard to improve his weaknesses, like Bowen, and would have had a five_seven year NBA career, like Bowen.

Millard, for those who dont remember, was an unbelievable athlete. I would put him forth behind Gerry Wright, Roy Marble and Tyler Cook for athleticism. He was right up there

Last edited:
Wieskamp was staring to get into "time to miss intentionally" territory before he finally missed a free throw the other day. Bohannon very well might be missing another one on purpose next year too.

Then there was this....totally devastating.
Heartbreak Hotel baby.

Kauffman nearly stepped out of bounds as he turned to shoot.

TJ Wheeler DID step on the end line before he inbounded the ball, which is technically a turnover but is seldom enforced. Northwestern also did it last year after Bohannon's dagger and others regularly abuse the "rule" today.

I once saw Greg Helmers get called for it in the NCAA'S. Helmers had about as much talent as he did hair. It may have been his greatest contribution as a Hawkeye.

I saw it called on a high school volleyball player last year on set point. She stepped a good foot over the line before she served. Not much wiggle room there, it's a violation.

A radio guy in Champaign would bring up the shot every year. He hated Iowa due to Pearle. He would talk about the looks o. The Iowa players in ridicule. Finally reminded him that was Iowas first loss after... He never brought it up again.

Heartbreak Hotel baby.

Kauffman nearly stepped out of bounds as he turned to shoot.

TJ Wheeler DID step on the end line before he inbounded the ball, which is technically a turnover but is seldom enforced. Northwestern also did it last year after Bohannon's dagger and others regularly abuse the "rule" today.

I once saw Greg Helmers get called for it in the NCAA'S. Helmers had about as much talent as he did hair. It may have been his greatest contribution as a Hawkeye.

I saw it called on a high school volleyball player last year on set point. She stepped a good foot over the line before she served. Not much wiggle room there, it's a violation.

A guy I know well was the long time IL time keeper and an Illini legend from waaay back. Asked him the other day about "the shot". He said he was glad he was sick that day and the only game he missed in decades.

Latest posts