Chizik feels mistreated by ISU

Yeah, I haven't read his book, but he must be working a second career as a comedy writer. I know he referred to Cam Newton as a star of high character. And didn't ISU mint a medallion of this clown before he had accomplished a darn thing in Ames? Man, what a frickin' ego!

Chizik is a total chump. It was obvious that he was using the ISU job as a stepping stone to something better (Auburn, as it turns out). Dude bolts for the first SEC job that comes along and he wants a big send off? Especially after winning, what was it - 3 or 4 games at most in two years at ISU? Lol.

Chizik is a total chump. It was obvious that he was using the ISU job as a stepping stone to something better (Auburn, as it turns out). Dude bolts for the first SEC job that comes along and he wants a big send off? Especially after winning, what was it - 3 or 4 games at most in two years at ISU? Lol.
Yep. But he gives credit to someone else.

"Make no mistake, I was humbled by Auburn's decision. And I knew this had to be a God appointment because this whole thing just didn't make sense otherwise. I knew God had to be behind opening this door," Chizik said in the book.

Yep. But he gives credit to someone else.

"Make no mistake, I was humbled by Auburn's decision. And I knew this had to be a God appointment because this whole thing just didn't make sense otherwise. I knew God had to be behind opening this door," Chizik said in the book.

I love it when people say stuff like this. I highly doubt that God gives a rip who coaches Auburn football, but Chizik must feel honored to be God's chosen one.

Last edited:
Yeah, I haven't read his book, but he must be working a second career as a comedy writer. I know he referred to Cam Newton as a star of high character. And didn't ISU mint a medallion of this clown before he had accomplished a darn thing in Ames? Man, what a frickin' ego!

It was a local bank, nothing to do w/ the AD or university.

He was confused when ISU wouldn't let him lie and cheat when it came to recruiting and player benefits

Look back at the history of ISU. Two things happen to coaches, they leave for a "better" job or the get fired. There may be an exception or two, but it is the usual. McCarney was unique, brought the program back from the dead, stayed too long, and then got fired. He is back as head coach at N TX and I think he will have success. I'd like to see an ISU vs N TX series in about three years.

ISU fans knew this but wrongly presumed that GC would have to achieve in Ames to be able to move on to the job he really wanted. What they didn't count on was Chizik's relationship w/ Auburn boosters which made him an easy hire as someone they knew would "play ball" since Tuberville wouldn't (anymore).

Look back at the history of ISU. Two things happen to coaches, they leave for a "better" job or the get fired. There may be an exception or two, but it is the usual. McCarney was unique, brought the program back from the dead, stayed too long, and then got fired. He is back as head coach at N TX and I think he will have success. I'd like to see an ISU vs N TX series in about three years.

True, and it's also true for many, many BCS programs. Nothing wrong with it. It's doubtful that had Woody Hayes not punched that kid that Earle Bruce would've left ISU...

ISU fans knew this but wrongly presumed that GC would have to achieve in Ames to be able to move on to the job he really wanted. What they didn't count on was Chizik's relationship w/ Auburn boosters which made him an easy hire as someone they knew would "play ball" since Tuberville wouldn't (anymore).

Don't you mean clowns and lames?

images

Still Inconsolable...

This may be the first time I'll admit this, but I have to agree with ISU fans. How dare they have any ill will or hostilities toward him (sarcasm).

Anyone thinking Lickliter is saying the same thing about how he was treated by Hawk fans?

This may be the first time I'll admit this, but I have to agree with ISU fans. How dare they have any ill will or hostilities toward him (sarcasm).

Anyone thinking Lickliter is saying the same thing about how he was treated by Hawk fans?

Lick may actually have a claim to state this, Chizik on the other hand, no.

How are the situations even comparable? Lick didnt get it done and fans wanted him out (understandable) whereas ISU fans were blindsided by Chizik leaving

Also, Chizik is an arrogant douch e

Chiznut was absolutely using ISU as a stepping stone. He had no ties to the Big 12 and I specifically remember saying (as I watched his press conference) that I give this relationship three years tops. There was just no way this guy was going to stay at ISU ... He simply needed to add "head coach" to his resume. The difference with Chiznut at ISU and Auburn is simply this ... his assistant coaches. Auburn opened the coffer and Chiznut was able to surround himself with some of the best and most expensive assistant coaches in college football. He had to. It was the only way he could be successful at Auburn. At ISU, his assistants did not make much more than the Dominos Pizza Guy ... If Chiznut took his same ISU staff with him to Auburn ...? Well, he he would not have lasted the season. yes, recruiting is much easier at Auburn and in the SEC, but a sign of a truly good coach is a coach who can win at every level. Take away Chiznut's high-priced assistants and you still have a head coach who is over his head.

Latest posts