Charlie Moore part 3

NikeHawk21

Had to do a thread for the sake of tradition. Former Chicago area PG that Iowa recruited ended up at Cal, where he transferred to Kansas. He’s now transferring out of Kansas. Wonder if Fran would take a look.

I dont really understand his reasoning for leaving Cal in the first place. He started all 34 games as a freshman and scored 12 ppg. Then he decided to transfer to KU and sit out a full year and then play limited minutes this year? Just strange all around.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him maybe at a place like Loyola or Northern Illinois? Whats crazy is he already sat out a year for transferring, so he will either need to apply for a hardship waiver or completely lose a year of eligibility. I don't know who is talking sense into this kid but sounds like he's getting some bad advice.

I dont really understand his reasoning for leaving Cal in the first place. He started all 34 games as a freshman and scored 12 ppg. Then he decided to transfer to KU and sit out a full year and then play limited minutes this year? Just strange all around.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him maybe at a place like Loyola or Northern Illinois? Whats crazy is he already sat out a year for transferring, so he will either need to apply for a hardship waiver or completely lose a year of eligibility. I don't know who is talking sense into this kid but sounds like he's getting some bad advice.

Cuonzo Martin recruited Moore to Cal. The coach left for Missouri after one season in Berkeley.

I’m sure he didn’t go to Kansas with the expectation he would only play limited minutes. They brought in a freshman guard this year that beat him out, Charlie kind of struggled. It’s possible with a sick father at home and his family going through that struggle his mind was elsewhere.

I'd pretty much forgotten about him. I do remember being bummed when we didn't get him out of HS. But sounds like the bad luck bug hit him and he hasnt gotten on track. KS isnt the right fit if your trying to balance that sort of stuff. Hoiberg has to be all in on him.

I'd pretty much forgotten about him. I do remember being bummed when we didn't get him out of HS. But sounds like the bad luck bug hit him and he hasnt gotten on track. KS isnt the right fit if your trying to balance that sort of stuff. Hoiberg has to be all in on him.
I believe this was the recruit that Fran backed away from because he felt there were some handlers getting a little too involved. I got the feeling that payouts were expected by his handlers.

I believe this was the recruit that Fran backed away from because he felt there were some handlers getting a little too involved. I got the feeling that payouts were expected by his handlers.
Itd make sense if so. We can fault Fran all we want but hes avoided some land mines too.

With Cuonzo at Mizzou now you have to think he would be likely to go there.

I will say this - he look AWFUL for KU the times he played against ISU.

I think it would be hard to apply for a hardship waiver and then go to mizzou from KU. Its technically closer to Chicago, but they're less than 200 miles apart

That was the word.

Anyone remember when @CyTwins5656 was saying how great Moore was and how Horrible Jordan Bohannon was. I know I do.

Latest posts