Charles Rogers (Iowa City West/Iowa State) transferring to Iowa Western

SPGroth

The Gym Class on KGYM 1600am is reporting the Charles Rogers is transferring to Iowa Western. They do not know the reasoning.

There was a reason that the Iowa coaches didn't offer him even though he was in their back yard. I don't know what it is, but there was a rumor there was something, because he was a legit D1 athlete and they knew that.

I remember when that article was written about him in the Rag. Coach Rhoads and other DB's talking about his freakish athletic ability, and how he could make an instant impact. Cyclone fans were eating it up. Talkin smack about how Iowa could have let him slip out from underneath their noses....

It's amazing how these things end up. I also remember when people were bashing Ferentz for backing off on Seantrel Henderson. There's a reason for everything. Just have to trust that they know what they are doing because 9 times out of 10 they do.

He wanted the Iowa offer out of high school, so did his parents. Thats why he held off so long committing to Iowa State. He held an offer from the Cyclones for 2 years before he committed. I cant really blame him either because the Iowa coaches continued recruiting him, but the offer never came. Iowa was where he wanted to go.

He wanted the Iowa offer out of high school, so did his parents. Thats why he held off so long committing to Iowa State. He held an offer from the Cyclones for 2 years before he committed. I cant really blame him either because the Iowa coaches continued recruiting him, but the offer never came. Iowa was where he wanted to go.

Maybe he ends up a Hawkeye eventually anyway...?

The guy is from Iowa City. I'm sure the Hawkeye coaches knew absolutely everything about him. If they didn't offer him there was probably a pretty damn good reason for it.

Isn't Western where you go to clean up grades or academics?

The gym class hinted that academics would certainly be a reason for the move, but they had no knowledge if that was a reason why he is leaving. Iowa Western has become a JUCO power/hot bed. The QB for Kansas State was from Western. They had several kids get D-1 offers this past season.

Isn't Western where you go to clean up grades or academics?

The kid was an Academic All Big 12. I doubt grades were the problem. The clowns posted a link to a thread from back in late 2012 where somebody posted a rumor that Rogers was unhappy in Ames and was looking to get out. My guess is that he didn't like his situation so he decided to go JUCO so he can open his recruitment next year while still playing in 2014.

Yeah, I heard Carlos Rogers was activated from the injured list for the Seahawk's game this weekend. Quite a big step down to be at IWCC, but Harbaugh has a lot of connections.

Latest posts