Charges dropped on Foster

InGoodCo

Is there anyway Iowa gets involved? Not so sure - but feel like we could use some more post help. Is he looking at dropping down a level? Does Hoiberg already got his mitts in him?

I don't know much about this deal and it's obviously sensitive, but seems like this guy could deserve a 2nd chance considering he's been cleared and his life was pretty much ruined by this.

Fran and his staff invested a lot of equity into XF - is there any chance there's something here?

Last edited:
No, the charges may have been dropped but there is still an ongoing investigation that Foster is still part of. Besides, this was not the only issue with Foster that lead to him being dismissed from the Clown program these allegations were the icing on the cake.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hoiberg doesn't have Foster on speed dial.

I would imagine he would end up somewhere. Otzelberger said in an article is was a culmination of things that led to his dismissal. Based on the article in the register Foster was the target of the investigation, however charges were never filed. It appears now he is no longer a target in the investigation.

No, the charges may have been dropped but there is still an ongoing investigation that Foster is still part of. Besides, this was not the only issue with Foster that lead to him being dismissed from the Clown program these allegations were the icing on the cake.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hoiberg doesn't have Foster on speed dial.
See, I thought so too, but some make it sound like he's been cleared and while the investigation is moving forward, he is no longer a person of interest.

I was just curious because obviously the Iowa staff has a prior relationship with this recruit and IMO, they've explored those avenues in the past with guys they've missed on.

If he has more baggage then I would suspect you guys are all right about this.

and no offense to Fred, but there isn't a lot of people lining up to get involved with that shit show, baggage or not.... but you have to imagine he's reached out...I just think Iowa, with their previous ties, would have a leg up on his recruitment now that this news is out.

Foster never loved playing ball. He just happened to be a talented 7' big. Word is he currently working at Vermeer or Pella Windows.

and no offense to Fred, but there isn't a lot of people lining up to get involved with that shit show, baggage or not.... but you have to imagine he's reached out...I just think Iowa, with their previous ties, would have a leg up on his recruitment now that this news is out.
I don’t think Fred wants anything to do with Big Ten basketball. If he could time warp himself back to the nba he’d be gone. You can see when he’s coaching that he’s checked out.

I don't know enough about the legal stuff so I will speak in terms of a roster fit. There are minutes to be had next year. Rebracca will be gone and I wouldn't fear competing with Mulvey or Ogundele for minutes.

XF has a pretty good stroke so you could do some effective high ball screens with him. I don't know what kind of defender he is I really didn't see much at ISU. Yes, a big man already having foot and ankle problems makes you nervous, but he would have a role if Iowa chose to go down that route.

To be a fly on the wall with Fran and his assistants to hear them discuss it though... If this is all there is and that's that why wouldn't Fran be interested? We threw the kitchen sink at him trying to get him and he chose the Clones. He didn't have a great Freshman yr but he's still 7' athletic and we only need him more now than we did then.

From what little we've seen of the two young bigs we have is anyone optimistic they'll develop into much more than what they are? Rebracas ceiling is what he is and he isn't a shot blocker. If nothing else he can help us at the defensive end which is what we need.

Usually I'm Bearish on these sorts of things but in this case in todays college basketball where everything is just year to year anyway, I say go get him. Why not? Put him on a short leash. If he's late to practice or parks his moped in a handicapped spot or worse dump him. If he's innocent of all this stuff than he deserves no less. I see a high ceiling with little risk. Maybe I'm wrong though

Rebraca has 2 years to play and has indicated unless he somehow got on the NBA radar (safe to say that's not the case) he'd be playing 2 years at Iowa.

Rebraca has 2 years to play and has indicated unless he somehow got on the NBA radar (safe to say that's not the case) he'd be playing 2 years at Iowa.
So why do I think he is done after this year? I swear I have heard multiple times that this is it.

Iowa could use any help it can get in the center and guard positions. Worst thing can happen he keeps the bench warm. Give him Ash's scholly and go after Foster for next year.

"In seven games before undergoing foot surgery in the 2020-21 season, Foster averaged 4 points and 1.7 rebounds."

I would have expected more from a 4 star recruit.

So why do I think he is done after this year? I swear I have heard multiple times that this is it.
ya know, I don't know. I just remember he stating that unless he has NBA interests after year 1 that he planned to play 2 years. I think that's right, but honestly I didn't look it up

To be a fly on the wall with Fran and his assistants to hear them discuss it though... If this is all there is and that's that why wouldn't Fran be interested? We threw the kitchen sink at him trying to get him and he chose the Clones. He didn't have a great Freshman yr but he's still 7' athletic and we only need him more now than we did then.

From what little we've seen of the two young bigs we have is anyone optimistic they'll develop into much more than what they are? Rebracas ceiling is what he is and he isn't a shot blocker. If nothing else he can help us at the defensive end which is what we need.

Usually I'm Bearish on these sorts of things but in this case in todays college basketball where everything is just year to year anyway, I say go get him. Why not? Put him on a short leash. If he's late to practice or parks his moped in a handicapped spot or worse dump him. If he's innocent of all this stuff than he deserves no less. I see a high ceiling with little risk. Maybe I'm wrong though
I tend to agree but I wonder if Fran has memories of the Anthony Hubbard situation in the back of his mind. It isn't an apples to apples situation as Hubbard did time, but it makes you wonder.

”somewhere warmer than Iowa and someone that wants me”
……….to local TV station today.

Lawyer stated they still have some unfinished business with ISU.