Cesar Guerrero - 2011 PG 4*

hawkeye12345

4* PG that is drawing a lot of interest as of late. He recently decommited from Western Kentucky and Iowa is on his list.

Western Kentucky is a very good team and they have an outstanding class coming in this year. They will be in the NCAA tournament in March.

Other interested teams include Ben Howland and UCLA, Oklahoma, UTEP, Fresno State, UNLV, BYU, and Kansas. I know he was considering Wake Forest before originally committing to Western Kentucky, too. Would be a good get, but lots of competition.

Western Kentucky is a very good team and they have an outstanding class coming in this year. They will be in the NCAA tournament in March.

The original question is still unanswered? I believe what you're saying as we lost Fant to the Hilltoppers but why? Why would someone that could go almost anywhere, pick Western Kentucky?

I find it so ludicrous when people act like we can't draw top talent to Iowa because we're just lil' ol Iowa, but in the next breath we'll talk about how good a team Western Kentucky is......WTF?

It is because western kentucky plays in a lesser league meaning they can get into the ncaa tourney easier because all they have to do is win their crappy league.. Alot of kids want to be on a winner and play in ncaa tourney so they go to the smaller schools that dominate their leagues.. Then they can show their skills to the country in the tourney.

JCLP205;317220 Alot of kids want to be on a winner and play in ncaa tourney so they go to the smaller schools that dominate their leagues.. Then they can show their skills to the country in the tourney.[/QUOTE said:
Sorry, I don't buy this.
Do their coaches use this kind of BS logic in recruiting? Hmmmm, let's see.....you can be on TV once maybe twice a year or you can be on TV nearly every game,
If you want to showcase your skills, you'd go with a power conference.

It is because western kentucky plays in a lesser league meaning they can get into the ncaa tourney easier because all they have to do is win their crappy league.. Alot of kids want to be on a winner and play in ncaa tourney so they go to the smaller schools that dominate their leagues.. Then they can show their skills to the country in the tourney.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29en3xAg9W0&NR=1]YouTube - Drake vs Western Kentucky 2008[/ame]

Does anyone remember this?

Better recruit his older brother as well. He is the reason Cesar is so confused. He acts like Cesar's agent. I think this kid should probably stick close to home or the west coast at least. He is a terrific ball handler/passer though.

Many WKU fans were relieved when he decommitted. The kid seemed to be a bit of a head case. Iowa fans would love him because Cesar loves the social media!

..It depends on the situation. Some kids want to stay closer to home. Some like smaller schools.. Some want to have fun (best way to have fun is to be on winning team each year).. Also there are a lot more star players from some of these smaller schools that go on to play in the nba then players at Iowa at this point.. But a lot of factors in decided what school is best fit.. I would love everyone to come to Iowa but should not ever be shocked to see a kid go to a Western Kentucky type school.. Plus look at where Memphis/gonzaga/butler were at and where they are now.. Some of these "smaller" schools can benefit from playing in lesser conferences..

Fant is from the same area as Western Kentucky and WKU actually had a top 25 class before Guerrero decommited.

Guerrero is very good... he's going to have a lot of offers by this spring.

I don't think Iowa is actively recruiting Cesar. Iowa was on his list before he committed to WKU, and therefore had been eliminated. I believe I read that he wanted to be closer to home.

Latest posts