Cedar Rapids Jefferson Head Coach Womachill to ISU as DB Coach

SPGroth

Just heard on The Gym that Cedar Rapids Jefferson Head Football Coach, Jim Womachill, has resigned his position to pursue other opportunities in college football. Word is that he is head to Ames to be the DB coach for the Cyclones.

Heard that rumor a few months ago. Couldn't not believe that his performance at Jeff would warrant a college job. Guess he is buddies with ISU's OC Messingham.

Just heard on The Gym that Cedar Rapids Jefferson Head Football Coach, Jim Womachill, has resigned his position to pursue other opportunities in college football. Word is that he is head to Ames to be the DB coach for the Cyclones.

Heard that rumor a few months ago. Couldn't not believe that his performance at Jeff would warrant a college job. Guess he is buddies with ISU's OC Messingham.

hey, isu now has ties to talent rich eastern iowa! :)

he did a good job at Williamsbsurg before going to Jefferson but Jefferson has been a train wreck his entire time which has to be every bit of 12 years

he did a good job at Williamsbsurg before going to Jefferson but Jefferson has been a train wreck his entire time which has to be every bit of 12 years

Not only that, but Jeff was really good before he got there.

I believe in Jacobsen's last season they went 9-0 before losing in the first round of the playoffs to City High.

I had family members who played in Dave Jacobsen's program and the beginning of the Womochil Era. They were sad to see him go (Dave Jacobsen). Jim was not a good hire for the program...did not relate to players....played favorites.....did not make changes that were necessary for the program behind the scenes.

This is good news for Jefferson and hopefully they can make the right hire. They need to get a whole new staff in place there. Completely clean house.

Holy crap...that is really shocking. I've been around him a little bit, and he's a good guy who is passionate for the game, but...

Jeff didn't win a game 2 years ago. I don't THINK they won a game this year...if that's the case I think they are working on the longest acting losing streak in Iowa HS football.

I guess success as a head coach at the HS level =/= success as a position coach at a D1 school. I certainly wish him the best.

Not only that, but Jeff was really good before he got there.

I believe in Jacobsen's last season they went 9-0 before losing in the first round of the playoffs to City High.

They went 9-0 beat City High the last game of the season before playoffs, both were 8-0 at the time and lost in the first round of the playoffs to Cedar Falls.

Holy crap...that is really shocking. I've been around him a little bit, and he's a good guy who is passionate for the game, but...

Jeff didn't win a game 2 years ago. I don't THINK they won a game this year...if that's the case I think they are working on the longest acting losing streak in Iowa HS football.

I guess success as a head coach at the HS level =/= success as a position coach at a D1 school. I certainly wish him the best.

Jeff has lost 22 consecutive games.

Jeff had had some pretty good freshman and sophomore teams the past few years but the success hasn't seemed to transition to the varsity. I can't speak for this years Jr's sr class there, I didn't watch them as under classmen.

They went 9-0 beat City High the last game of the season before playoffs, both were 8-0 at the time and lost in the first round of the playoffs to Cedar Falls.

My cousin played on that team. Terrence Freeney rushed for 300+ against them in the first round of the playoffs. Wasn't pretty. They got hosed having to play CF in the first round, though. Two undefeateds matching up in the first round like that was complete BS.

Latest posts