Cedar Falls and the Hawkeyes

1 - After Saturday, a certain young man in Cedar Falls must be even more thrilled with his prescient decision to attend college at Alabama rather than Iowa City.

2 - UNI trampled Iowa State in Ames on Saturday night with a bunch of guys Iowa and Iowa State didn't want. It has been reported, in fact, that UNI's roster includes 67 players who played their HS football in Iowa. In spite of that, far fewer scholarships, and an athletic budget not even in the same universe as Iowa and ISU, UNI is a well-coached juggernaut. Just ask the Cyclones.

3 - Recently, after ISU beat Iowa, billboards appeared on I-380 around Cedar Rapids proclaiming something like, "Welcome to the Cyclone State." I hope the folks in Cedar Falls might come up with some similar billboards and place them around Ames, maybe something like, "Welcome to the Panther State. UNI 28, Iowa State 20." I'd donate to that.

4 - I wonder what coaches like Mark Farley really think when they know they're doing more with less and being paid a fraction of the likes of Kirk Ferentz and Paul Rhodes.

5 - There has been some mention that UNI should give up football. I hope that doesn't happen since the folks in Iowa City already have.

6 - Thank goodness Iowa doesn't have to face UNI this season. It wouldn't be pretty for the Hawkeyes who had to conjure a double miracle to escape UNI in 2010 with a team that should have gone to the Rose Bowl, if not the national championship game.

7 - It must be great to be a Panther.

I think the escape from UNI was in 2009 and I'm not sure you understand what "prescient" means.

1 - After Saturday, a certain young man in Cedar Falls must be even more thrilled with his prescient decision to attend college at Alabama rather than Iowa City. I doubt it...seriously, doubt it.

2 - UNI trampled Iowa State in Ames on Saturday night with a bunch of guys Iowa and Iowa State didn't want. It has been reported, in fact, that UNI's roster includes 67 players who played their HS football in Iowa. In spite of that, far fewer scholarships, and an athletic budget not even in the same universe as Iowa and ISU, UNI is a well-coached juggernaut. Just ask the Cyclones. Juggernaut...LMAO...

3 - Recently, after ISU beat Iowa, billboards appeared on I-380 around Cedar Rapids proclaiming something like, "Welcome to the Cyclone State." I hope the folks in Cedar Falls might come up with some similar billboards and place them around Ames, maybe something like, "Welcome to the Panther State. UNI 28, Iowa State 20." I'd donate to that. Send you money to the UNI Foundation office...I know they will take you donation.

4 - I wonder what coaches like Mark Farley really think when they know they're doing more with less and being paid a fraction of the likes of Kirk Ferentz and Paul Rhodes. They are likely very thankful and in some cases, they do not even think about it. In others, they soon are in head coaching positions. Some do well there and others fail miserably...

5 - There has been some mention that UNI should give up football. I hope that doesn't happen since the folks in Iowa City already have. Not sure who you feel has given up on football, but I know neither school has or likely will anytime soon...

6 - Thank goodness Iowa doesn't have to face UNI this season. It wouldn't be pretty for the Hawkeyes who had to conjure a double miracle to escape UNI in 2010 with a team that should have gone to the Rose Bowl, if not the national championship game. Well, I am not so sure about this one...have not seen UNI play, but I would bet against them 9 times out of 10 and likely win vs Iowa.

Yes, it is...class of 1991, thank you!

1 - After Saturday, a certain young man in Cedar Falls must be even more thrilled with his prescient decision to attend college at Alabama rather than Iowa City.

2 - UNI trampled Iowa State in Ames on Saturday night with a bunch of guys Iowa and Iowa State didn't want. It has been reported, in fact, that UNI's roster includes 67 players who played their HS football in Iowa. In spite of that, far fewer scholarships, and an athletic budget not even in the same universe as Iowa and ISU, UNI is a well-coached juggernaut. Just ask the Cyclones.

3 - Recently, after ISU beat Iowa, billboards appeared on I-380 around Cedar Rapids proclaiming something like, "Welcome to the Cyclone State." I hope the folks in Cedar Falls might come up with some similar billboards and place them around Ames, maybe something like, "Welcome to the Panther State. UNI 28, Iowa State 20." I'd donate to that.

4 - I wonder what coaches like Mark Farley really think when they know they're doing more with less and being paid a fraction of the likes of Kirk Ferentz and Paul Rhodes.

5 - There has been some mention that UNI should give up football. I hope that doesn't happen since the folks in Iowa City already have.

6 - Thank goodness Iowa doesn't have to face UNI this season. It wouldn't be pretty for the Hawkeyes who had to conjure a double miracle to escape UNI in 2010 with a team that should have gone to the Rose Bowl, if not the national championship game.

Iowa would beat the **** out of UNI

Latest posts