CBI?

phdsvp

When there was a chance that Iowa could be making a coaching change at the end of the year, playing in the CBI seemed kinda silly. But since this is our future for the next three years, Iowa should absolutely accept a CBI invitation. Those are pretty much the teams at their level, and the youth need as many games as they can get. I assume they could have an invitation if they wanted one...?

When there was a chance that Iowa could be making a coaching change at the end of the year, playing in the CBI seemed kinda silly. But since this is our future for the next three years, Iowa should absolutely accept a CBI invitation. Those are pretty much the teams at their level, and the youth need as many games as they can get. I assume they could have an invitation if they wanted one...?
There was never a chance that Iowa would be making a coaching change at the end of the year. Ever.

Jeebus, another troll thread... It's been stated by the university athletic dept and by Fran that under no circumstances would they join the CBI tournament. It isn't going to happen.

It's been brought up here in these forums for the last 3 years and thoroughly debunked. And no, more practice is not going to benefit this team. They spent the summer in Europe, played in the Primetime league and ended up where they are now. More practice isn't the answer and neither is being in the CBI.

1029547-thread_locked.gif

Reactions: trj
What's the difference between the CBI and the CIT? I know one of them actually has a best-of-three for its final round (don't know which one, and really don't care), but other than that, is one better than the other? Is there a reason the U of I flatly refuses either or both of them?

What's the difference between the CBI and the CIT? I know one of them actually has a best-of-three for its final round (don't know which one, and really don't care), but other than that, is one better than the other? Is there a reason the U of I flatly refuses either or both of them?

CBI has the 2 of 3 final and sometimes includes P5 teams, Oregon and Oregon St have both won it and PSU and Purdue have both been it IIRC. CIT rarely has any team other than mid-majors. Teams have to pay to host games in the CBI, so it really depends if Iowa could make money off of playing it. With the way Fran and the players overhyped themselves this year to combat the media's preseasons expectations, I'd think they'd have to swallow their pride quite a bit to even consider going lower than the NIT. Last year the CBI would've been acceptable with the really young team.

After the Purdue game I thought there was a slight chance FM would step down at the end of the year. Then the news of the extension came and that 5% chance of him stepping down became 0.

Who cares about anything not NCAA

If you observe it is not uncommon for older teams to dance. This team if they dtay together will dance year 2. Not likely very long but enough for another extension which many wolfgangs will approve.

Who cares about anything not NCAA

If you observe it is not uncommon for older teams to dance. This team if they dtay together will dance year 2. Not likely very long but enough for another extension which many wolfgangs will approve.
He graduates ninety blah blah blah percent of his kids...that’s all that counts. Basketball can wait.

Spare us the embarrassment of going into a post season tournament and getting knocked out by mid/low major on our home court.

Unfortunately the only tournament I see this team possibly winning is held in Des Moines the first full week in March. However, I don't think they allow D1 programs to compete at the high school level and even then we can't guarantee anything.

I've been calling CBI or bust since the Caymans. I guess it's bust if the answer is, "No".

Maybe hold out hope that the Vegas-16 gets revived? I haven't been to Vegas in a while and would watch if they had some video poker machines or blackjack tables courtside.

Latest posts