Catlin Clark surely would not go 0-18 from the field..even playing with the men right?

I’ve proposed previously that she play for the men’s team. Ground-breaker, and certainly she could make some shots.
Unless they play the CMac defense on her she would never get off a shot. She's a tremendous shooter and she is doing amazing things but she can't do that against the men. Ain't happening.

Unless they play the CMac defense on her she would never get off a shot. She's a tremendous shooter and she is doing amazing things but she can't do that against the men. Ain't happening.
I could most likely buy that. I do think, though, she would hit more wide open shots than CMac or JBo at this point.....unless she got the nerves playing with the boys.

It would be fun if somehow a secret scrimmage could be held in which she played with the men. Could she compete? Or would they shut her down?

Craziness in this thread.

A decent high school boys team would absolutely murder the WNBA champs. Team USA women's soccer got trounced by a 14u boys team a few years ago.

Clark is a superstar within her sport no doubt, but there's zero chance she scores.

This is just nonsense...coached HS girls for a long time. I had several top 10 teams and we would scrimmage a good JH boys team and they would throttle us.

This is just nonsense...coached HS girls for a long time. I had several top 10 teams and we would scrimmage a good JH boys team and they would throttle us.
This^^^

No disrespect to women’s sports, but there’s no comparison. Height, weight, bone density, muscle mass, fast-twitch muscle mass, lung capacity…all hugely favor males. It’s the way it is. Caitlin Clark would never get a shot off in an NAIA mens game.

This^^^

No disrespect to women’s sports, but there’s no comparison. Height, weight, bone density, muscle mass, fast-twitch muscle mass, lung capacity…all hugely favor males. It’s the way it is. Caitlin Clark would never get a shot off in an NAIA mens game.
I would still love to see it though. Flipping 46 points tonight and hitting 3s with 3 defenders on her. Kingsbury range. Unreal.

It was a great performance. I’m not buying the narrative that she wouldn’t score but I could be wrong. Those 3s were deep. Wish I had recorded it. I would watch the fourth quarter again.

Caitlyn versus JBO? I’m taking Caitlyn. I’m thinking if we trade JBO for Caitlyn the mens team improves by 5-10 points. She has more assists and rebounds than Jordan too. I’m not completely sold on her defense though.

Caitlyn versus JBO? I’m taking Caitlyn. I’m thinking if we trade JBO for Caitlyn the mens team improves by 5-10 points. She has more assists and rebounds than Jordan too. I’m not completely sold on her defense though.

I'm not a huge JBO fan but I'll take him over Caitlyn in a heartbeat.

What Caitlyn is doing in womens basketball is special and while I'm sure she'd could make a basket against the men she'd get eaten up alive in a game. It's not the same game, hell they don't even use the same size basketball (inch smaller and lighter) and I'm sure that would throw off her shot a bit.

I'm not a huge JBO fan but I'll take him over Caitlyn in a heartbeat.

What Caitlyn is doing in womens basketball is special and while I'm sure she'd could make a basket against the men she'd get eaten up alive in a game. It's not the same game, hell they don't even use the same size basketball (inch smaller and lighter) and I'm sure that would throw off her shot a bit.
Like I said she’s an absolutely unreal talent in her sport and I didn’t ever think we’d see someone better than Gustafson, but people need to pump the brakes on the making a shot in the men’s game thing.

She’s 6’ tall with a vertical probably a third of any player on the men’s team, There’s zero chance she 1) gets open, and 2) doesn’t get a shot pounded ten rows deep in the crowd.

An average high school boys team would wreck the WNBA champs by 50, and as good as she is, Clark isn’t at that level. The amount of space a male D1 player can cover along with the vertical reach and jump, there’s no chance

Pat Summitt had the greatest college teams in history (at that time) and they had random college dudes come in as practice players, and they even had to tell them to tone it down because it was such a mismatch.

Latest posts