Catholics versus Convicts

Didn't the U have a pretty good run under Shannon as far as off the field stuff?

I think the mentioned on Gameday that there was only 1 player arrest and they had the 6th highest graduation rate out of the BCS conference teams under him.

Ironically enough, he got fired. The next guy better bring the criminals back...

Wait, has anyone been convicted yet in the deaths of the photographer kid and the gal who was raped by a domer FB player?
Ex-Convicts (the U) vs Pending-Convicts (noter cover-up dumb) is more like it.

Wait, has anyone been convicted yet in the deaths of the photographer kid and the gal who was raped by a domer FB player?
Ex-Convicts (the U) vs Pending-Convicts (noter cover-up dumb) is more like it.

Ha! Indeed.

I was at the 1990 Natty Dome versus Thug U game in South Bend. People were selling t-shirts that said "Jimmy Johnson is a pig-faced satan." That was pretty funny.

Man...those were the days. Those teams really, really hated each other.

Ha! Indeed.

I was at the 1990 Natty Dome versus Thug U game in South Bend. People were selling t-shirts that said "Jimmy Johnson is a pig-faced satan." That was pretty funny.

Man...those were the days. Those teams really, really hated each other.
Are you sure it was 1990? JJ's last year with The U was 1988.

Are you sure it was 1990? JJ's last year with The U was 1988.

I was at that one too. Man that was a hell of a game...31-30. You're right, that was '88 when they had the pig faced satan t-shirts. I believe that Dennis Erickson was the coach in in 1990. That was the Rocket Ismail show.

Long time ago. How the mighty have fallen.

Good match up. Having lived in So Fla for 8 years, I met and became friends with several players off their NC years. Good guys and they changed my perception of the U in general, and reinforced my perception of several past players. Still don't love the U, but they are close to rebuilding a good team down there. I wish them the best and have never been a ND fan, but I think after the tragedy of this past season, that I'll root for the Catholics this time around.

Leave it to the U to fire a coach that has the U going in the right direction in every way. I bet they hire Michael Irvin to be their next coach. Gotta get back to the thug days.

Leave it to the U to fire a coach that has the U going in the right direction in every way. I bet they hire Michael Irvin to be their next coach. Gotta get back to the thug days.
Uh not exactly...Shannon was good at everything except the actual head coaching part. He was a terrible game manager. Also wasn't the greatest recruiter.

Hmmm...are we really making fun of the Sun Bowl?

Tied with Orange and Sugar bowls as the second-oldest bowl game in the country.

Combined payout in 2010 of $4.1 Million (Insight is 3.8 combined)

It's on at a decent time (2pm EST) on CBS, on a decent day (12/31)

I drive a Hyundai

Hell, Pamela Ewing once cheered at the stadium.

Hmmm...are we really making fun of the Sun Bowl?

Tied with Orange and Sugar bowls as the second-oldest bowl game in the country.

Combined payout in 2010 of $4.1 Million (Insight is 3.8 combined)

It's on at a decent time (2pm EST) on CBS, on a decent day (12/31)

I drive a Hyundai

Hell, Pamela Ewing once cheered at the stadium.

My dad has a Hyundai Santa Fe. Nice, nice ride. Very well appointed.

The only problem with the Sun Bowl is that El Paso is an absolute shathole.

Aside from I'll Paso being the host city, the Sun Bowl pulled quite a coup getting Catholics v. Convicts. Way more interesting match up than some of the BullCS games. Yeah, I'm looking at you, U Conn.

Latest posts