Cassell not starting this week?

kcskip

According to the Chiefs, it looks like Cassell will not start due to a rib injury. Palko will be the starter. Smells like a great chance for Stanzi to get some snaps right out of the gate.

12345, i take it you're not a stanzi fan? there's whole threads updating former hawkeyes in the NFL and i haven't seen you ***** about any of those once

That third string QB led 3 Hawkeye teams to bowl game victories, which included a BCS victory. I would say that yes we care about Ricky Stanzi in all of his future football ventures.

The way that Palko has played in the preseason, I would bet that we will be seeing Ricky Stanzi at some point in the game. Unless from some unusual circumstance where Palko channels his inner Tom Brady, we will be seeing #13 in action.

Good lord. Are we going to continue to hear about a third string qb all season?

What did he have for breakfast?

An Iowa QB drafted this year, makes a roster, now second in line for one game anyway. Sounds like a reasonable post to make for all the Hawkeye fans out there who like to follow our former players who are now in the NFL. Sorry to bother you with it though. But thanks for taking the time to read my post, and even more time to reply to it. Kudos and appreciation go out to you sir.

Cassell not starting definitely catches my interest. I'll be paying attention to that game just because of the fact that a Hawkeye quarterback will be one play away from playing on Sunday. Not something that happens all that often.

I can't believe Palko is the backup, but that's probably a good thing at this point for Stanzi. Palko looked horrid in the preseason. I fully expect to see Stanzi at some point. I hope that Palko continues to be horrid because it would likely mean Stanzi gets in there before halftime. I will be watching that game with a lot of interest.

In statistical news: Currently 82% of the starting QBs were drafted in either the 1st or 2nd round of the NFL draft.

Those QBs NOT selected in the first or second round are:

Matt Cassel
Tony Romo
Tom Brady
Matt Hasselback
Colt McCoy
Matt Schaub
Luke McCown
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Kyle Orton

You guys are funny.

Cassell will start and play. That is pretty much what the local media is saying. He played last year 11 days after an apendectomy. He is tough enough to play through a cracked rib or two. He won't be the first QB to do that.

Latest posts