Cards' hiring of McGwire disappointing

troy

I am a St. Louis baseball fan who is disappointed in the hiring of Mark McGwire. I think that it's sending the wrong message to the team, the fans, and the game of baseball. Why is McGwire coming clean now? I don't know, but I don't think McGwire would have been moved to confess had he not been offered a job. LaRussa is coming across as a bull-headed manager who is disrespecting the game by bringing in a known cheater. I don't get what LaRussa is trying to prove. It's going to be difficult for me to root for St. Louis this year. Very disappointing!

I think its a good hire. He is one of the smartest hitters in the last 50 years. Why wouldnt you want that information passed on to your players? Who do you think has helped Pujols and Holliday become the hitters they are now?

I'm sure Cardinal organization had a huge part in him coming clean here, they don't want that overshadowing what could be a World Series run this year.

I'm kind of in the minority when it comes to this issue, I think baseball as a whole is more responsible than the players who used PEDs. Throw morality out the window. Whether they should or shouldn't have been using drugs is inconsequential, since technically it wasn't against the rules of the game. This should have been stopped in the 80's before it became what it is now. For that I blame baseballs front office and the Players Association.

I am a St. Louis baseball fan who is disappointed in the hiring of Mark McGwire. I think that it's sending the wrong message to the team, the fans, and the game of baseball. Why is McGwire coming clean now? I don't know, but I don't think McGwire would have been moved to confess had he not been offered a job. LaRussa is coming across as a bull-headed manager who is disrespecting the game by bringing in a known cheater. I don't get what LaRussa is trying to prove. It's going to be difficult for me to root for St. Louis this year. Very disappointing!

I don't see a huge problem with it as there is still PROVEN cheaters still playing the game....baseball as a whole is responsible for whole steroids issue.

Latest posts