Canzeri Highlights

Hawkeye11en1

I didn't get to watch the game and was looking for some highlights. For those of you who didn't get to see it, here are some highlights I found.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKQamzo2v4]2011 - Iowa RB Jordan Canzeri ULM highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Really would like to see the coaches notice when Coker and the OL has the D on its heels and let flash Canzeri blow right by them. It would really keep them off balance.
You can see from this video how vanilla play calling gives the D the advantage.

He's got speed Iowa has rarely had. Seems to have good vision too. Definitely would be the definition of Thunder and Lightning. Can't wait till he gets comfortable in the return game!

He offers a nice change of pace from Coker. Will be interesting to see how the running back situation plays out over the next few years (knock on wood) ... We do have some nice backs in the program right now ...

The loss of McCall still stings. However, Canzeri impressed me with his decisiveness and his balance. I think that folks are overstating Canzeri's speed ... however, he's definitely quick, quick, quick. He'll definitely provide a nice change-of-pace to Coker's style.

I think he has more speed then you are giving him credit for Homer. You can't run a 10.6 100 m dash with only quickness. It definitely helps but not the only thing you need.

10.6 in high school is fast, but not elite fast. Which means he can take it to the house A's long as a safety doesn't have an angle on him.

It is interesting watching those highlights and thinking about comparisons people have made. Some say Russell, some say Sims. But I don't think either of those guys are a great comparison.

When he first got recruited, Ferentz was throwing out Danny Woodhead comparisons. Apparently Kirk passed on Danny at one point and said he wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

I think he has more speed then you are giving him credit for Homer. You can't run a 10.6 100 m dash with only quickness. It definitely helps but not the only thing you need.

I'd frankly say that the "shake" and "balance" that Canzeri demonstrates, when combined with what speed he does have ... that is much more dangerous than just speed alone.

In what carries he saw, even for a small guy, he wasn't that easy to get down. I really liked what I saw from him.

Yes, one thing about speed is the ability to make moves at speed and not lose momentum. That is what made E Smith so great. He wasn't as dynamic as Sayers or Sanders, he wasn't powerful like Brown or Campbell, he could just operate at speed and was able to make slight adjustments to avoid the big hit.

Latest posts