Can't Watch Game - IPhone options????

BQuastU

Outside of ESPN Gamecast, what are the non-TV options to watch/follow Iowa games on an IPhone or other handheld? Saw a lady watching an entire Notre Dame game at (and during) a wedding last year (yeah, a woman) on an IPhone and she said it was a pay service she signed up for.

Anything like this for Iowa games?

I would like to figure this out too. I have a Droid and will not be able to watch the game. I'm not sure how the IHeartRadio app works, does it just get the streaming audio from the radio stations online webiste? If so, will that streaming audio have the Iowa game going? I know radio stations are not allowed to stream MLB games online even if their over-the-air station is playing it, not sure if this is the same as the NCAAF though. I'm not sure what other options I have, I would love to watch it, but am more worried about at least being able to listen as opposed to having to follow a gamecast update every 30 seconds.

Should be able to stream it through IHeartRadio. KBOE should have the broadcast. Need to be on 3G or Wifi for IHeartRadio to work well, though.

ESPN Player, formerly known as ESPN360/Europe is a whole different animal than ESPN3available in the USA. The IOWA/clown game is indeed available on ESPN3 at 2:30 CDT Saturday.

As someone who worked at CC and helped build the streaming architechture that powers iHeartRadio, the stations are not allowed to stream sports broadcasts because of the liscensing with Learfield and CBS etc. If you get the game through iheart, it is because an engineer at the station is asleep at the switch. Does occasionally happen though, that they forget to switch the media stream to archived content.

ESPN Player, formerly known as ESPN360/Europe is a whole different animal than ESPN3available in the USA. The IOWA/clown game is indeed available on ESPN3 at 2:30 CDT Saturday.

Well I almost got it right. The game is blacked out on ESPN3 in the areas where the game is available on ABC Regional. Where the game is available on ESPN2, it is also available on ESPN3.

Map:

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/files/IowastIowa.bmp

Latest posts