Can't wait for Big 10 Football

hskrguy70

So tell me anyone have any thoughts on the upcoming season? Me, I can't wait to see ow all of this will play out. Living in Omaha most of my life, always got news on Hawkey Football, what are some of your expectations for this upcoming season. Anything you want to know re Nebraska fans, traditions etc? I know about your train, and some things that go on game day in Iowa City. What are your thoughts playing on Black Friday? I mean we have done it for years and have some cool things we do. It's going to be strange not grilling Buffalo Burgers that day any longer.

The train isn't a tradition. It's just an easy thing for tv cameras to record for pregame footage.

So tell me anyone have any thoughts on the upcoming season? Me, I can't wait to see ow all of this will play out. Living in Omaha most of my life, always got news on Hawkey Football, what are some of your expectations for this upcoming season. Anything you want to know re Nebraska fans, traditions etc? I know about your train, and some things that go on game day in Iowa City. What are your thoughts playing on Black Friday? I mean we have done it for years and have some cool things we do. It's going to be strange not grilling Buffalo Burgers that day any longer.

Well, I suppose you could grill up some hawk but catching one may be an issue and I'm not too sure on how it would taste. All I know is I won't be eating bugs that day.

i'm excited, as always, for football. i think nebraska entering will bring some excitement into the conference and really add to it. i don't think there's a better time to play the new rivalry than black friday.

keep in mind, its called "BLACK friday". not red friday :)

i'm excited, as always, for football. i think nebraska entering will bring some excitement into the conference and really add to it. i don't think there's a better time to play the new rivalry than black friday.

keep in mind, its called "BLACK friday". not red friday :)

We do have the Blackshirts defense :D

Thoughts about what? We think we have a scrappy team this year and things look to line up well for us. Not much comes out of IC, but if you know what to look for, you can get an idea what they are working on and what they think the team will be like. So we as fans think, the Hawks have it under control. Expectations... Same as every year 9 win is about where the bar is, we always have a good D, we would like to avg a few more ppg, and have a power house O to get that expectation done.
We have heard enough about Nebraska. Most fans of the B10 do alot of research on other teams and THERE IS PLENTY OF READING OUT THERE.
If not 74 comes over here and sets us straight.;)
Edit: I take that back I do have a question for the people from Nebraska. A long time ago, I met this crazy azz, delusional, husker fan. Is there anyway I can trade her in? Or are they all just as whacked?

Last edited:
I'm really excited to see Wisky v Neb under the lights. That will be awesome. Things should get even more intense with the divisional split too.

Thoughts about what? We think we have a scrappy team this year and things look to line up well for us. Not much comes out of IC, but if you know what to look for, you can get an idea what they are working on and what they think the team will be like. So we as fans think, the Hawks have it under control. Expectations... Same as every year 9 win is about where the bar is, we always have a good D, we would like to avg a few more ppg, and have a power house O to get that expectation done.
We have heard enough about Nebraska. Most fans of the B10 do alot of research on other teams and THERE IS PLENTY OF READING OUT THERE.
If not 74 comes over here and sets us straight.;)
To the bolded, haha :D

I have a question, not that Iowa fans shouldn't have high expectations, but many of the national pundits seem to think that Iowa lost a lot from last year, and that this will be a rebuilding year. But from what I have read from you all, most seem to disagree. Is there something that the national guys are missing out on?

Edit: I take that back I do have a question for the people from Nebraska. A long time ago, I met this crazy azz, delusional, husker fan. Is there anyway I can trade her in? Or are they all just as whacked?

I think what you have is not a Nebraska fan problem, but a female problem. But, that's just me, I'm jaded. ;)

Husker, you have had good rivalries, but you don't yet have any idea about honorable tradition. B1G fans come from schools that are both rich in tradition and academics.

Cooking Buffalo and ripping the scrotums of rival fans makes sense in the conferences in which you previously resided. In our conference we educated ourselves about our opponents. Welcome them before the game at our tailgates, as long as they are good guests, congratulate the winners after the game, and drink together in our downtown establishments... again, as long as the visitors don't act like complete DB's.

It is going to take some real time for you to get used to it. You are no longer playing in a confederate conference full of uneducated, steroid-filled, morons.

Each team has their minor traditions, for Iowa it is the Swarm, singing "There's No Beer In Heaven" after a win, etc. OSU dots the I, Wisky jumps around, an on and on.

But the real tradition is about honorable competition developed over decades. All the rest is just gimmick.

However, bet you are glad you don't have to wear a jock to protect your sack anymore.

To the bolded, haha :D

I have a question, not that Iowa fans shouldn't have high expectations, but many of the national pundits seem to think that Iowa lost a lot from last year, and that this will be a rebuilding year. But from what I have read from you all, most seem to disagree. Is there something that the national guys are missing out on?

I think what you have is not a Nebraska fan problem, but a female problem. But, that's just me, I'm jaded. ;)

Yes we lost alot, but almost all the guys starting this year do have game time. Also what we lost went high in the draft and was VERY talented. So we think that if #2 was competing against that, its not rebuilding but reloading.

Husker, you have had good rivalries, but you don't yet have any idea about honorable tradition. B1G fans come from schools that are both rich in tradition and academics.

Cooking Buffalo and ripping the scrotums of rival fans makes sense in the conferences in which you previously resided. In our conference we educated ourselves about our opponents. Welcome them before the game at our tailgates, as long as they are good guests, congratulate the winners after the game, and drink together in our downtown establishments... again, as long as the visitors don't act like complete DB's.

It is going to take some real time for you to get used to it. You are no longer playing in a confederate conference full of uneducated, steroid-filled, morons.

Each team has their minor traditions, for Iowa it is the Swarm, singing "There's No Beer In Heaven" after a win, etc. OSU dots the I, Wisky jumps around, an on and on.

But the real tradition is about honorable competition developed over decades. All the rest is just gimmick.

However, bet you are glad you don't have to wear a jock to protect your sack anymore.

I certainly hope you are right, because I have heard some horror stories about how certain B1G teams treat the visiting teams fans. When Colorado was good, their fans were horrible, worst of the worst. I'm hoping the horror stories I heard were incorrect, and what you have said is true.

It would sound more like the NU/OU rivalry.

I certainly hope you are right, because I have heard some horror stories about how certain B1G teams treat the visiting teams fans. When Colorado was good, their fans were horrible, worst of the worst. I'm hoping the horror stories I heard were incorrect, and what you have said is true.

Wisky fans will wait a few years before they start throwing beer bottles at you.

It will probably be a novelty this year. Kind of a honeymoon period...

You will be pummeled into submission. It is going to be like a nightmare that keeps getting worse and worse...

tom-cruise-color-of-money-pool-table.jpg

Wisky gets a little roudy, but it is really just dumb, drunk undergrads. OSU is the worst. But that is really just the lowlife's who live around the CBUS hole, who never went to college. I have found their traveling fans to be respectful.

I pretty much think any fanbase has its share of DBs if their team is winning. Case in point: Kansas State ... Fans are people and it really doesn't matter too much what school you are talking about. Every fan base has its share of DBs ... That is just human nature. We have our own share of DB fans -- who, when given liquid courage -- turn into complete aholes. Seen it happen way too often in Iowa City ...

CarrHawk good games is all we expect too, I mean this is what it's been like for traveling huskers in the last few years. Colorado urine bombs, Kansas tires slashed and I mean lots of them, The Little Big Apple those people I wont miss at all, I sis right across from the visiting section, close to where the parents will sit, so I will have lots of interaction with pep bands and fans. I have to get use to new chants, new fight songs etc, its all different for us you folks have to get use to one new team while we have to get use to 11, and the fans, tradtions, and cultures that go along with them. I just can't wait it's very exciting is all.

Latest posts