Can't believe I'm saying this but I hope half of the season ticket holders

lightning1

refuse to renew their tickets! Kirk Ferentz deserves to play in an empty stadium and Gary Barta deserves to be in the red so deep that he has to pan handle in the Ped mall on Saturday nights! They can kiss my arse!

I will renew my two season tickets and make my donation as usual to the I Club. You can sit in your own S$$t and whine. that is all.

We decided not to renew our 4 tickets for next season. The way they barely won the UNI and Ball State games combined with the dreadful end to the season against Wisconsin and Nebraska just sealed it for us.

I will say that tailgating really improved in 2014 though. I was thrilled to see the cops soften the restrictions of tailgating, especially the open containers on the sidewalks. Also we had liquor bottles out in the open and nobody said a word to us all year...its really rare to see cops loosen restrictions on that kind of stuff.

Giving my four tickets up after sixteen years. This press conference was the last chance. Ferentz doesn't get it, it is about entertainment and pride in the university. The only vote we have is through buying tickets. I'll wait for the next man in.

I've been a season ticket holder for 13 years and have ordered at least 3 tickets every year except last year we ordered 5. I will not be renewing my season tickets after attending 87 of the last 88 home games (I missed the Nebraska game). We tried to sell a couple of tickets for the Wisconsin and Nebraska game this past season and couldn't sell them for $5. I know of a couple of people that bought tickets for both games for $5 for 50 yard line tickets.

I've been a season ticket holder for 13 years and have ordered at least 3 tickets every year except last year we ordered 5. I will not be renewing my season tickets after attending 87 of the last 88 home games (I missed the Nebraska game). We tried to sell a couple of tickets for the Wisconsin and Nebraska game this past season and couldn't sell them for $5. I know of a couple of people that bought tickets for both games for $5 for 50 yard line tickets.

The state of the program has certainly taken its toll on the Hawkeye faithful. To stop attending after 13 years is a big deal, in my opinion, and your post reflects the sentiments of many, many fans. That is not only short-term bad news for the athletic department, but also long-term bad news. It is often difficult to regain fans after they have left--just ask the NHL and MLB how difficult it was after their strike seasons.

All that said, the purpose of my post is actually to ask you a question. Now that you are no longer attending the Hawkeye games, are you now going to be "4cy"?

The state of the program has certainly taken its toll on the Hawkeye faithful. To stop attending after 13 years is a big deal, in my opinion, and your post reflects the sentiments of many, many fans. That is not only short-term bad news for the athletic department, but also long-term bad news. It is often difficult to regain fans after they have left--just ask the NHL and MLB how difficult it was after their strike seasons.

All that said, the purpose of my post is actually to ask you a question. Now that you are no longer attending the Hawkeye games, are you now going to be "4cy"?

"4cy". I hope that a majority of the Hawkeye fan base are insulted by the end of the post. While many fans are upset of the current state of affairs and the entertainment value, they are Hawkeyes and will continue to be Hawkeyes.

I don't wish all the financial ill-will upon the program as lightning (although, I agree, it would be an enteratining sight to see daGarBar beggin outside Brothers) but, after several years of "do I, don't I", I don't.

Kept on renewing for about 5 years longer than wanted to because didn't want to lose my place in line. Now, I figure solo games will be a dime-a-dozen (though really have no intention of attending one as long as this staff is on the sidelines) and by the time derKirkFer is done and the next guy gets here, the attendance will be so low I can pick up right where I left off.

The only thing that might make me go watch another KirkFer/G.d.G.D. game is if they rollback to 1985 and I can bring in a bota slung over my shoulder and a 6-pack in the backpack. Anything short of that and that lame scene can suck it.

What an ***, saying that you will no longer buy tickets because of a poor product and a poorer coach doesn't imply that you are a clown fan. Just the opposite. You kool-aid drinkers, "Kirk for Life" folks don't understand that the only way for things to get better is for Barta/Ferentz to be forced to make a change. I would like to think that we are more like Michigan fans who voted with their feet, than the sheep in Ames who will put up with anything.

What an ***, saying that you will no longer buy tickets because of a poor product and a poorer coach doesn't imply that you are a clown fan. Just the opposite. You kool-aid drinkers, "Kirk for Life" folks don't understand that the only way for things to get better is for Barta/Ferentz to be forced to make a change. I would like to think that we are more like Michigan fans who voted with their feet, than the sheep in Ames who will put up with anything.

I think you missed the sentiment of that post.

refuse to renew their tickets! Kirk Ferentz deserves to play in an empty stadium and Gary Barta deserves to be in the red so deep that he has to pan handle in the Ped mall on Saturday nights! They can kiss my arse!

Had 5 tickets since 2002. Didn't renew this year tired of watching 1999 football. Bought a 70" TV with some of the ticket funds. Much easier to shut off the TV in the third quarter when the hawks are playing like crap then to have to drive back to DSM from Kinnick. Not coming back till we have a new coach.

I will pick up some of the slack if they do not renew.

This isn't going to happen. I will renew and I am as unhappy as everyone else, my donation might be less because money speaks louder than words. I will still be in the stands to support the team no matter who the coach is. Any real fan of the University will still attend and will still buy the gear.

This isn't going to happen. I will renew and I am as unhappy as everyone else, my donation might be less because money speaks louder than words. I will still be in the stands to support the team no matter who the coach is. Any real fan of the University will still attend and will still buy the gear.

After buying season tickets for 40 years i am almost certain to not renew. After watching a lot of moribund football in the 60s and 70s and then a resurgence I measured this last season against a lot of history. And I found this season wanting very much.

I will say this, the University of Iowa football team should be at a level to take care of on UNI and Ball St in a very great winning manner.

Should never loss to a crappy ISU team.

Should not get blown out.

There are a lot of things missing from this staff (and I was still overall backing this staff after 2013) but this was a lost season. Not worth the money for someone about to retire.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hawknick

I will pick up some of the slack if they do not renew.

Based on reading your posts I believe you 100%.

I like him now. He's obvious and sarcastic. Not even sure if he's trolling or trolling the trolls...

Not like a couple of the people on here who call people names and say that you're not a fan if you don't like getting beat by Iowa State and blown out by Minnesota. In reality if you love the Hawks being Iowa State's ***** would bother you very much..

Latest posts