Can the Hawks find their identity against Purdue?

HawkeyeHypnosis

This season has not been all that great. Although projected to have a down year, no one expected what has transpired so far. That said, here we are, a team looking for an identity. With what's left of the regular season, we are in a good position to find that identity. I think last week JVB looked more comfortable than he has all year, the OL will be more accustomed to their positions and a home game against Purdue is a great opportunity to get some confidence and last minute momentum. A bowl game can happen if we can find our identity this week.

This season has not been all that great. Although projected to have a down year, no one expected what has transpired so far. That said, here we are, a team looking for an identity. With what's left of the regular season, we are in a good position to find that identity. I think last week JVB looked more comfortable than he has all year, the OL will be more accustomed to their positions and a home game against Purdue is a great opportunity to get some confidence and last minute momentum. A bowl game can happen if we can find our identity this week.

They already found it unfortunately...it is called a bad team....

I'm hoping we stick with the naked bootleg like we started with at Indy. JVB seemed comfortable throwing on the move. We also have to establish the run. Everything is established off of that (especially play action).

Would like to be optimistic but outside of Purdue, don't see another win on the calendar. As for "finding an identity" ... a little too late for that this far into the season. We are just not a good team this year.

What exactly is Iowa's identity? I don't see any fire from players or staff....To have a "win-win" identity, it takes emotion, and I just don't see it.....Can Iowa find a way to salvage the rest of the season? We will find out come tomorrow

I think our identity is simple. We mimmick our coach who is boring, unimaginative, gutless, risk adverse, has no killer instinct, inflexible and simply has gone beyond stubborn into a whole new world of dumb.

I honestly I wish fate would step in and force coach coward to have to play some other kids these last three games. I don't expect any of the backups to turn things around mind you but this season is gone. After a certain amount of time and after some level of fact and logic, hanging on to being stubborn really isn't stubborn anymore. It is stupidity.

I have defended this guy out here for years telling detractors that they didn't know what an uphill battle he faced every year trying to fill roster spots and he was worth every penny earned. No more!

They are 9 games in to the season. Their identity is what they have done in those 9 games. Anything different would be a change in identity

I'm hoping we stick with the naked bootleg like we started with at Indy. JVB seemed comfortable throwing on the move. We also have to establish the run. Everything is established off of that (especially play action).

Your avatar is offensive.
signed, Jerry S.

Their identity has already been established. Can we finally start moving the ball on offense, can we cut out the dumb penatlies, can we make the right reciever reads quick enough for it to matter, can we handle the blocking assigments, can we contain the QB, can we execute on special teams, etc. These are the questions. As for identity..it's well documented the identity of this squad is sucky offensive football.

we have known our identify all year. we are not very deep, most of our players need two more years, and our new offense is not suited in the least for our qb

You may be right. I think with a Purdue team that's limping also, this would be our last chance.

Purdue is 0-5 in conference but all of their opponents have winning records, combined 33-13. Iowa is 2-3 against opponents with a combined 27-19 and have looked progressively worse since the PSU humiliation. Purdue has about a 99.9% better chance of getting bowl eligible than Iowa, finishing with Illannoy and Indiana, so they have much more to play for.

Iowa's identity is a very bad / inept offense combined with a defense that is wearing down. There's nothing more to "find". The better question is, Can Iowa muster up some pride, avoid embarrassing themselves for a 4th straight week, and play spoiler to Purdue's bowl hopes?

Latest posts