Cam Newton Was in Room When Cecil Asked for Money

Won't buy it until I hear the tapes (and after they are verified). That radio host is a big 'Bama fan, who has supposedly been sitting on this knowledge for months? Forgive me if I'm skeptical for thinking that there is no way in hell that a 'Bama fan would pull a punch like that against Auburn. Seriously, a 'Bama fan holding back when they have a knockout punch available?

What I still shake my head it, is that it matters....whether Cam was in the room.
His Father is his legal guardian. If he's shopping Cam around, Cam's dirty by association. I think this nuance as an "out" is weak at best.

What I still shake my head it, is that it matters....whether Cam was in the room.
His Father is his legal guardian. If he's shopping Cam around, Cam's dirty by association. I think this nuance as an "out" is weak at best.

Agreed. He violated his amateur status, the NCAA even said so. That's all it should take.

I still think it was an effort to prevent Boise or TCU from getting into the NCG.

where was OSU's PR department to make their players parents responsible? This sets such a horrible precedent

How big of room was it? He could have been on the other side and not heard what his father was talking about with the boosters.

Cam Newton's response: "I'm not going to say or not say that I was or was not in that room. In fact, I may or may not know what a room is or where it would be so how could I be there? But I'm not going to talk about that, I'm not here to talk about the past, I'm here to talk about the future. I'm going to talk about how I'm going to be an entertainment superstar! War Eagle, thank you."

Latest posts