Cam Newton, can you feel the Heisman slipping away?

While i agree 100%, and most voters will, there will be several voters who won't care. Look at the number of people who thought Bush should have kept his trophy.

Once is a mistake (Florida laptop issue), twice would indicate a trend. I do have to ask why this is just now coming to light. The SEC knew of potential wrong doings last summer, but they didn't forward to the NCAA until much later.

Um until there is any PROOF he took any money he is clear cut Heisman winner.

You're one of those guys, eh? Unfortunately for that line of thinking, for better or for worse the court of public opinion rules in this day and age. And it's only going to get worse for Mr Newton.

One would think if you've watched scandals involving athletes over the past 10 years you have to know that more and more is going to come out about this. Even if you think the Heisman should be won between the white lines, not all voters are going to think like that. And it's going to be enough of them that cost Newton the Heisman. Just watch

It should cost him the trophy. The NCAA puts out a lot of stupid rules, but a scholarship student athlete should be expected to abide by all such rules. As he is getting a free education which I'm sure he cares less about!

I also believe that until there is proof, he shouldn't be penalized. That doesn't mean that's how it will go, but he should win it unless there is proof of wrongdoing.

there are major league baseball players with resumes that should get them into the hall of fame, however because of steroid speculation they most likely will not. this is without legitimate "proof".

the Heisman committee does not want another reggie bush on their hands. And they are the same type of old traditionalist types as the baseball writers association that votes for the MLB HOF.

This HAS cost Cam Newton the Heisman

there are major league baseball players with resumes that should get them into the hall of fame, however because of steroid speculation they most likely will not. this is without legitimate "proof".

the Heisman committee does not want another reggie bush on their hands. And they are the same type of old traditionalist types as the baseball writers association that votes for the MLB HOF.

This HAS cost Cam Newton the Heisman

Name one MLB player that is not getting in the HOF because of false steroid speculation that you think should be in?

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Someone tell me a time when the NCAA investigated a recruiting violation of this magnitude and came up empty?

So this guy's entire argument is that Newton was arrested (and not charged) with theft a few years ago, and Auburn was caught cheating in 1992, so therefore Newton and Auburn are definately taking money.

Even coming from a guy with that haircut, that is lame.

Im not saying he's guilty, but im also not saying he is innocent. I would still like to know why it takes nearly a full year for the SEC to report this to the NCAA. That stinks the most right now IMO.

Latest posts