Calling all KF defenders: please make your case

tweeterhawk

why he should be Iowa's coach next year. Because he has been remarkably inept as a coach most of this year.

Last edited:
People will say:

4 Top 10 finishes
2 Big Ten titles
Numerous bowl wins (including an Orange Bowl)
3x B10 COY
Clean Program
Ambassador for the university
etc.
etc.

But I'm done. Most of KF's accomplishments came between 2002-04. The last decade has been mostly pretty mediocre and it's been since 2010 the last time this program was ranked, even for a single week. 5 straight years with at least 5 losses, including bowl games. It's not a valley between the peaks at this point. The program is just treading water, going nowhere.

Because who could we get that would be better? I'd be for say Bob Stoops but what are the chances of that?

"If we can consistently be in the middle of the pack or higher, in any given year we have a chance to win a championship," Iowa Athletics Director Gary Barta said. "So that's our goal for every program, to get them to that point where every year they're in the middle or higher in the Big Ten."

When Barta took the job he said we would strive to consistently compete for Big Ten Championships.
Isn't happening across the board for Iowa athletics.
You set expectation this low, you get you deserve what you get, which is mediocrity.

It's time for both Bata and Ferentz to go. Nobody in this athletic department is held accountable for any results.

Because who could we get that would be better? I'd be for say Bob Stoops but what are the chances of that?
Colorado State has a promising coach and Mike Stoops would be an option. Scott Frost is the hot name who many want at Nebraska and he's shown some skills as Oregon's OC.

Bielema might be open to talking about coming here too. Maybe Bobby Diaco as well. I'd say there are options out there.

Colorado State has a promising coach and Mike Stoops would be an option. Scott Frost is the hot name who many want at Nebraska and he's shown some skills as Oregon's OC.

Bielema might be open to talking about coming here too. Maybe Bobby Diaco as well. I'd say there are options out there.

Those are some interesting names. The CSU coach, is that the former Alabama coordinator?

I can no longer defend KF. If he retains GD, it will be his undoing.

ISU (10 point lead)
MD (14 point lead)
nebby (17 point lead)

In all of the above, the offense disappeared for long stretches....that's the problem.

I'd be game for Frost.

"If we can consistently be in the middle of the pack or higher, in any given year we have a chance to win a championship," Iowa Athletics Director Gary Barta said. "So that's our goal for every program, to get them to that point where every year they're in the middle or higher in the Big Ten."

When Barta took the job he said we would strive to consistently compete for Big Ten Championships.
Isn't happening across the board for Iowa athletics.
You set expectation this low, you get you deserve what you get, which is mediocrity.

It's time for both Bata and Ferentz to go. Nobody in this athletic department is held accountable for any results.

The only results that matter to these fat cats is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ rolling in and to keep it coming. The only way there will be change is for you suckers to stop buying season tickets. and giving your hard earned money when the alumni assoc calls you.

People will say:

4 Top 10 finishes
2 Big Ten titles
Numerous bowl wins (including an Orange Bowl)
3x B10 COY
Clean Program
Ambassador for the university
etc.
etc.

But I'm done. Most of KF's accomplishments came between 2002-04. The last decade has been mostly pretty mediocre and it's been since 2010 the last time this program was ranked, even for a single week. 5 straight years with at least 5 losses, including bowl games. It's not a valley between the peaks at this point. The program is just treading water, going nowhere.

You don't know how bad I wish your last sentence was true.

Latest posts