Bye Bye Top 10 ranking

HaydenHawk56

Maybe 11 or 12 now. Looking more Sweet 16ish. Probably a top 5 finish in the Big Ten if Franuary does not happen.

just shooting for a sweet 16 its been 23 years folks. no we arent winning the big ten, outhustled tonight and blown out at home by a 500 team. need to focus on what we can do a b10 title isnt one of those things.

Anyone that had this as a win preseason was overly optimistic IMO. We lose 2 games without our starting 2 who shoots 50% from 3. The sky isn’t falling. Missing FTs has to end..,a problem in our losses. Many wins to come.
If they don't fade, I would agree. But, man, I just don't think they have it to make a run in the NCAAs. Not with this defense, not with our inconsistent guard play. Outside of Garza and some flashes from KM......we really don't look nothing special if we are not having a hot shooting night.

Good, but not great. Basically the same old Iowa story when the expectations are sky high.

If they don't fade, I would agree. But, man, I just don't think they have it to make a run in the NCAAs. Not with this defense, not with our inconsistent guard play. Outside of Garza and some flashes from KM......we really don't look nothing special if we are not having a hot shooting night.

Good, but not great. Basically the same old Iowa story when the expectations are sky high.
Sticking with 15-5...same as 2 games ago.

Exactly, that is not happening. This team is not good enough night in and night out to do that. They may be able to pull off a few great nights, but championship teams nearly need to do it on most nights. That is not us.
We’ll know in a few weeks. You’re at 13-7. I’m at 15-5.

We’ll know in a few weeks. You’re at 13-7. I’m at 15-5.
I hope you are right. I really do. What will really suck is if we get to 15-5 and that is not enough to win the conference because of the Minny loss or double digit loss at home to Indiana.

But, man you would really think this team will still win a bunch of game and not tank the rest of the year. Certainly Iowa will keep their heads more than above water right?

Boy this is yet another typical Fran team. Poor on Defense...asleep at the wheel when it matters. They'll finish top 25 in rankings probably get bounced early in the Big Ten tourney, win their first round game and get bounced by a disciplined athletic team in the round of 32. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Exactly, that is not happening. This team is not good enough night in and night out to do that. They may be able to pull off a few great nights, but championship teams nearly need to do it on most nights. That is not us.
You are absolutely correct! Fran teams lose at Minnesota like they did then lose to a middling Indiana team and can't win on the road when they had a great chance. Poor decisions by seasoned players. Wash, Rinse, Repeat UGH!

The dipshits come out every time Iowa loses. We’re ranked #7 in the country, this season is anything but same old Iowa and it’s hard for them to deal with it. This game didn’t hurt us at all. The Indiana game did, not this one. If your going to judge them off this game than do it. They played extremely well on one of the best teams in basketballs home court. We looked tough. Iowa is good, it’s awesome, Seepig and Haydenhawk are cyclone fans

Well we were 10-24 from three last night, above our season average in terms of percentage.

I guess our threes don't count when CJ isn't shooting them. We did exactly what I feared we would do; play better (especially Wiesy) and still come up a little short. That's life in the B1G baby.

BTW I love Toussaint, Ulis and Perkins on the floor at the same time. They have the quickness to deny the ball. Add Murray, Nunge, CJ and the two Mac's and that's a solid eigjt man nucleus for next year. Even if Wiesy leaves.

But that's another story for another year. We have enough to worry about with J Bo'S inconsistency and Garza's sudden foul issues.

The dipshits come out every time Iowa loses. We’re ranked #7 in the country, this season is anything but same old Iowa and it’s hard for them to deal with it. This game didn’t hurt us at all. The Indiana game did, not this one. If your going to judge them off this game than do it. They played extremely well on one of the best teams in basketballs home court. We looked tough. Iowa is good, it’s awesome, Seepig and Haydenhawk are cyclone fans

That's strong. HH56 has 'em going 7-4 and you call him a dipshit clown fan? I'm certain I'm neither of those things and, based on current play (and history), I think 7-4 is a very fair prediction and 8-3 is optimistic.
I see W's - vs MSU, vs Rut, vs PSU, vs Wisc & vs Neb (if it gets rescheduled)
I see toss ups vs OSU, @Indy, @MSU
I see losses @Wisc, @OSU, @MICH

B14 Title is off the table. No way Michigan is going to lose 5 or 6 of 11 games to even allow Hawks to tie. I even see Minny having a slightly better chance than Iowa to contend (currently 4-5 but play Neb x2, Purdue x2, Rut x2, Mary, Indy, Illannoy, PSU, NwU - possible 10-1).

As HH56 said at the start, looking Sweet16-ish. Given current play (they aren't going to magically improve horrible perimeter defense and low backcourt athleticism) + late season history, I'd say that's a very positive outlook.

Five of Iowa's six wins in league play have come against teams playing below .500 in league play thus far. The only one outside of this was a win vs a 6-4 Purdue.

They'll have their chances coming up but we're not showing that our O is good enough to offset our D...........the highest scoring O in the BIG so far (near the top on most O categories) but the 12th ranked scoring D keeps us down.

Doubt this team all ya want but I don’t get it. This teams really good. They’re as poised today, the same they were yesterday to make a deep run in the tournament. Last night didn’t prove anything. Why are we trying to write their future before it happens? They aren’t even remotely out the conference title hunt, not with the games they have against the teams in the upper half. Iowa can stil go deep in the tournament. They can still win the BTT. All their goals are still in front of them. Michigan is gonna have to play a pretty brutal stretch when they come back, having to fit in 5 extra games and every single night in the Big Ten, teams can lose. It’s unpredictable. If you are truly an Iowa fan, why wallow? This seasons awesome. We’ve been in the top 10 all fucking year. They have so many big games left, chill.

Latest posts