BTN's comments about Jaleel

FreddyHawk

A bit nervous to hear that he got to the qb repeatedly during practice. Does anyone know if it was O-line's fault? …or is he improving that much - i thought he was 2nd string….

Not a troll. Just looking for some good conversation.

I assumed he did this against our second string line. We know we have depth issues there so it may be a large dropoff.

Jaleel was a 4 star recruit with a big strong body coming in. I believe this his 3rd year with the program so he should be starting to get through the second team O line. He'll be the most viable option to replace Davis next year.

Jaleel was a 4 star recruit with a big strong body coming in. I believe this his 3rd year with the program so he should be starting to get through the second team O line. He'll be the most viable option to replace Davis next year.

Great point. 3 years in with a 300 lbs frame, he should be reeking some havoc. If I remember right, isn't that about the time that Big Carl started to really come around? He wasn't consistent yet then, but he was starting to flash at that point.

Tom Dienhart BTN:
On the rise:
DT Jaleel Johnson. The 6-4, 310-pound sophomore is a load who can move. He was unblockable today. Sack after sack after sack.

http://btn.com/2014/08/19/football-tour-dienharts-best-from-iowa-practice/

Dude is a huge man, 4-star recruit, athletic and 3rd yr in program. This is encouraging and great news. No need to sound the alarm about the offense.

As previously mentioned, many of these reps could be against 2nd team. I'd honestly be happy if he was getting sack after sack on Scherff as that would mean Jaleel is going to be very, very special!

Jaleel will play a lot this year. It's what he should be doing really. He was a high recruit with that frame... He's been healthy so I would think he should be coming into his own. He and Cooper should take over next year with little to no decline there....Now that is a loong way down the road here but I do feel that way

Great point. 3 years in with a 300 lbs frame, he should be reeking some havoc. If I remember right, isn't that about the time that Big Carl started to really come around? He wasn't consistent yet then, but he was starting to flash at that point.

Took the words right off of my fingertips. That's exactly the way I remember it too. The light was flickering on a couple years ago, big breakout year last year, big time expectations this year.

I hope thats how it it'll go for JJ. And I hope the same for Coop too.

Yeah, it was about the same time Davis started to show he understands leverage. In the beginning of the 2012 season, Davis was just big and that was it. Towards the end of the year, he seemed to get better with his hands and stance and had a very good 2013 season. Jaleel has been able to watch Davis's progression and hopefully that pays off. I've been hopeful that the switch goes on for Faith as well.

Wasn't Jaleel in the same recruiting class as Faith Ekakitie? Has anybody heard how Faith is doing in camp this year?

Wasn't Jaleel in the same recruiting class as Faith Ekakitie? Has anybody heard how Faith is doing in camp this year?

He was. I haven't heard anything specific about Faith in camp. I think he may of had a sack against the second team at Kid's Day. Faith was more of a project. He played basketball then switched to football as he got bigger. Faith has huge upside though. He's much quicker than Jaleel and not much smaller. He was a 4 star as well with a ton of offers.

I think there is plenty on the inside...I'm wondering about DE...when will the hawks have an all conference stud again.

Latest posts