BTN Bold Predictions

mopkins

King Kong
The media didn't love Iowa, but the BTN experts seem to love them in their bold predictions today:

http://btn.com/2017/11/10/bold-predictions-for-2017-18-big-ten-mens-basketball-season/

Stephen Bardo: Iowa will finish in the Top 4 in the Big Ten. Not many people have mentioned the size (Luke Garza) and depth of this team. Iowa is a hungry bunch that will wreak havoc on the league.

Robbie Hummel: Iowa finishes in the Top 5 in the Big Ten. Iowa loses Peter Jok, last year’s leading scorer in the conference, but its young and talented depth will guide it to a top-five finish in the conference this season.

Loved the "Luke" Garza, but everyone seems to mess that up.

You missed this one:
Jon Crispin: The Big Ten will have four teams in the Sweet Sixteen this year. I’ve got Michigan State, Purdue, Northwestern and Iowa as the Big Ten’s Cinderella this season. Northwestern will be a matchup nightmare for NCAA tourney opponents and Iowa will be peaking at the right time to make a run. If Minnesota can stay healthy, keep Reggie Lynch on the floor and develop some depth throughout the season, they’ll be in the mix too.​

GO HAWKS!!!

I'm not so sure PU is going to be as good as folks think they are going to be. PU chokes a lot, also. I just can't see Goophey being a dominant team all season long. And I am not sure jNW will follow up last season with a top 5 finish. Does WUs really have only 1 (Happ) returning starter? Hmmmm. Dunno about UM. Dunno about MD or kNU or IU. I think Iowa has a shot to finish 2nd if they know their identity and play within themselves all season and not panic. They have at least 2 "go to" guys (Cook and JBo) so just don't panic.

Gophers will be damned good. Remember how many Iowa shots they swatted in the barn last year? Ugghh...

Gophers supposedly stomped Creighton in their super secret scrimmage FWIW - and per Lunardi and 56 - CU is a tourney team