Brian Kelly calls out his inherited players?

In other words, give me a chance to get this program on the right track. Just a poor choice of words.

I hope Navy kicks their azzzzes.

He seems like a terrible guy to play for. (even if you throw out the whole killing a kid thing.)

He seems like a terrible guy to play for. (even if you throw out the whole killing a kid thing.)

kind of has a steve alford quality to him, in the way that nothing is ever his fault.

didn't follow him at cincinnatti, but did he do the reverse and give dantonio credit for giving him all those good players that he won with? goes both ways dude. you don't hear Hoke saying that, sure as heck Kirk didn't say that. lots of excuses already.

Must be feeling the pressure, throwing his own players under the bus to deflect the blame

hmmmmm, sounds familiar

if anyone could get away with that, it would be coach fran, but even you don't hear him do that. just not a good way to go about things. people know weis sucked as a coach, but they consistently got blue chip players, so he really doesn't have much to complain about.

Had zero respect for the guy when he made a kid go up in a scissors lift in a fifty mph wind. Kid is killed, Kelly shrugs shoulders.
Got even less respect for him now. Negative respect?

Had zero respect for the guy when he made a kid go up in a scissors lift in a fifty mph wind. Kid is killed, Kelly shrugs shoulders.

The Catholic heirarchy has a great track record of protecting young men.

You know how easy it is to find someone else to record practice? Not like the kid was a starting QB, he was expendable.

You know how easy it is to find someone else to record practice? Not like the kid was a starting QB, he was expendable.

Exactly, these are the sacrifices those kids have to make to ensure Notre Dame has success on the football field. I think every Notre Dame fan should offer up their first born son to help the cause.

"You can see the players that I recruited here," Kelly said Thursday. "You know who they are. We've had one class … that I've had my hand on. The other guys here are coming along. But it's a process. It can't happen overnight. They're getting there. We're making good progress."

Notre Dame football: Brian Kelly apologizes after uproar - chicagotribune.com

More than a bad choice of words - a horrible thing to say and it understandably created an uproar within his team. But read the story, the reporter had a pretty interesting take:

It seemed like Kelly willingly donned the black hat, content if his players rallied around their unhappiness with his tone — perhaps because he couldn't worry about alienating a segment of his team at this stage, anyway.

Some players crucial to Notre Dame's current cause, though, absorbed a hit perhaps not intended specifically for them and fired back. In a way, that's the fight Kelly is after.

Based on prior knucklehead incidents, however, he may be giving Kelly too much credit.

Latest posts