Brad Rogers Update?

twinhawkfans

Anyone hearing anything on Brad? Sure hope it is nothing serious and he's back next year. Think he could be as good or maybe better that Morse. JMO

It doesn't sound good for Rogers. The last few athletes with heart conditions were back quickly. Not Rogers, so that would lead us to think that it is something worse. A health problem like that will end your career. He will most likely have to be Hawkeye moral support, the likes of Vernon Jackson...

Then again, maybe it can be treated and he will be on the field for the spring. I wouldn't bet on it tho...

Best of luck to Brad!

At least he will get a very good $120,000 to 150,000 education for free! Not to mention possibly extending his life by decades with the early discovery of his heart condition.

Our luck with running backs is just amazing. It's like a virus... One that spread to linebackers this season... Let's hope that doesn't continue!

It doesn't sound good for Rogers. The last few athletes with heart conditions were back quickly. Not Rogers, so that would lead us to think that it is something worse. A health problem like that will end your career. He will most likely have to be Hawkeye moral support, the likes of Vernon Jackson...

Then again, maybe it can be treated and he will be on the field for the spring. I wouldn't bet on it tho...

Best of luck to Brad!

At least he will get a very good $120,000 to 150,000 education for free! Not to mention possibly extending his life by decades with the early discovery of his heart condition.

Our luck with running backs is just amazing. It's like a virus... One that spread to linebackers this season... Let's hope that doesn't continue!

If it's electrical, many conditions can be treated quite successfully and even ablated eliminating the issue. I have gone through this myself. The key is diagnosis and sometimes it takes a while to accurately nail the condition down. It's damn scary when your heart operates incorrectly and some conditions can lead to sudden death scenarios. Let's hope it's more benign than that in Brad's case. Good cardio care in IC.

Best of luck to Brad!

What makes you think he isn't already back? He was just out of the bowl - what has he been out of since?

I know it's just a message board but I pray for Brad and I hope he is ok. Young people shouldn't have these sort of worries but it happens. God Bless you Brad and you have the whole Hawkeye Nation pulling for you.

If it's electrical, many conditions can be treated quite successfully and even ablated eliminating the issue. I have gone through this myself. The key is diagnosis and sometimes it takes a while to accurately nail the condition down. It's damn scary when your heart operates incorrectly and some conditions can lead to sudden death scenarios. Let's hope it's more benign than that in Brad's case. Good cardio care in IC.

Diddo, I have had two heart surgeries in my thirties and they were by no means life threatening in nature. I was able to ride my bicycle across the country 2 months after my first. When your heart wiring is crossed or causing a misfire, it is very simple for doctors to go in with a catheter and fry the extra circuit that is causing the problem.
Any athlete that may possibly have any heart problem will not be playing until everything is kosher in today's age.

ALSO: Because of HIPPA we will most likely never find out what his heart issue is whether he is back or not. Just like Bulaga had a "Thyroid" issue. We never learned any more than that.

Diddo, I have had two heart surgeries in my thirties and they were by no means life threatening in nature. I was able to ride my bicycle across the country 2 months after my first. When your heart wiring is crossed or causing a misfire, it is very simple for doctors to go in with a catheter and fry the extra circuit that is causing the problem.
Any athlete that may possibly have any heart problem will not be playing until everything is kosher in today's age.

ALSO: Because of HIPPA we will most likely never find out what his heart issue is whether he is back or not. Just like Bulaga had a "Thyroid" issue. We never learned any more than that.

Rogers is free to tell anybody he likes, though. And if he makes it back to start next year, I can't imagine that somebody like Morehouse would leave that potential stone unturned. That could make for a great story!

You probably don't want to be pounding into 300 pound athletes with a heart condition.

You are correct about that. However, we have an abundance of tight ends that are sitting on the bench. Perhaps we can convert one or more of them to fullbacks to replace Rogers. Morse was what, about 6'-2", 230 +/-? That sounds about the size of our typical TE's. They do hit 300 lbs linemen quite often, and their speed is probably comparable. I don't think the transition would be too difficult either.

You are correct about that. However, we have an abundance of tight ends that are sitting on the bench. Perhaps we can convert one or more of them to fullbacks to replace Rogers. Morse was what, about 6'-2", 230 +/-? That sounds about the size of our typical TE's. They do hit 300 lbs linemen quite often, and their speed is probably comparable. I don't think the transition would be too difficult either.

I believe that Gimm moved to FB, but not sure what his eligibility is left.

I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa goes after the kid from Grant and Orloff's high school and projects him to RB/FB. Given Iowa's lack of depth at FB/RB ... we could use a boost there. His name is Tony Knight [name corrected per WeDomn8 comments ... BTW, thanks WeDomn8].

Anyhow, he was a NC State commit earlier on ... but he decommitted back in mid December. Just a thought ...

Also, if Thomas Rawls can get his academics in order, I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa tries to pull him in as a RB/FB.

Last edited:

Latest posts