Bowl Projections

Am I the only one that would rather play USC? Oregon's spread, with Masoli running it, makes me nervous. Give me USC's traditional offense run with their plethora of 5 star recruits...of course, the more comfortable Barkley gets running the offense, the better they'll be.

I have watched a lot of Oregon football, and they are playing as well as anyone the last 4 or 5 weeks. They would be extreamly difficult to beat. They are scoring lots of points on Offense, Defense, and Special Teams....

Oregon frightens me as well. After looking at their body of work after the Boise St. Game, that loss looks more and more like a fluke.

The Rose Bowl would be sweet. It's been a long time since the Hawks have been there. Too Long.

Of course, that projection assumes Iowa wins at Columbus, Florida beats Alabama in the SEC title game as undefeateds, Texas wins out, and neither Boise, Cincy or TCU lose.

No team out there should scare us. This defense can keep us in any game. Like the saying goes "To be the best you have to beat the best".

After what Michigan and the spread did to us in Kinnick, I think they match up better with USC and a more "traditional" offense

I'm going way out on a limb here. First of all Iowa got hit hard by injuries this week and some of them scare me. If Iowa wins out (I still think they can), I see a rematch with LSU or Texas in the NC game. I see LSU coming out of the SEC and with wins vs Bama and Florida on the resume they jump everyone but Texas and Iowa by virtue of SOS.

If Iowa wins out we go back to Passadena, but this time for the whole thing. These next 4 weeks are going to be brutal for us fans. OSu still scares me and NW is beginning to scare me especially if Iowa is without Greenwood and Robinson.

Personally I'd love to play USC if we play in the Rose Bowl... I'm afraid if we play Oregon and win people will say we beat a slightly above average team. Plus I'm still a little salty about the Orange Bowl back in 2002 when we lost to USC (who was hands down the best team that year) and Ohio St. played just a GOOD Miami team... But honestly I believe we could beat Florida with the way they're playing right now... And Honestly i feel like we could beat Texas this year by 10-14 points... Really I'm not worried about who we play, but I would much rather play a USC/Texas/Florida team where we have all eyes on us...

Of course, that projection assumes Iowa wins at Columbus, Florida beats Alabama in the SEC title game as undefeateds, Texas wins out, and neither Boise, Cincy or TCU lose.

Don't confuse the Rose Bowl with the BCS title game also to be played at the Rose Bowl. Iowa just needs to win the big ten title for a trip to the Rose Bowl. They could even lose to OSU as long as OSU losses to PSU and still win the title and go to the ROSE.

My bad, i just reread your post. You are saying that basically if noone else ahead of Iowa loses, Bama aside, that Iowa will go to the rose Bowl, other wise with some losses by these teams could but Iowa in the BCS title game. (as long as Iowa does not lose this year). They like Iowa has some tough games ahead of them. anything can happen in the next 4-5 games between these teams. there may be a huge shake up at the top before the season is over.

BCS TITLE GAME! What a shame that the actual Rose Bowl is the warm up game every four years...it is now the "Second Cousin of them all"...

Latest posts