Bowl Hotels and Resorts

AUSTIN77

Where is everyone staying that is going Chaparral Suties is where we are right now looks good huge rooms right at 100 a night. Airport pickup, Free made to order breakfast and a two room suties. Located in Scottsdale. Where else has anyone found that looks great.

Went last year and stayed at Best Western Tempe. Reasonable price, right off the freeway, can walk easily to the stadium and Denny's, Starbucks and Pancheros in walking distance.

Went last year and stayed at Best Western Tempe. Reasonable price, right off the freeway, can walk easily to the stadium and Denny's, Starbucks and Pancheros in walking distance.

Sounds first class.

I went last year and stayed at the Sheraton in Tempe. I would recommend Tempe over Scottsdale or Phoenix. The Mill Ave district has many restaraunts and bars and they are more reasonably priced than Scottsdale. We are staying in Tempe again this year.

Where is everyone staying that is going Chaparral Suties is where we are right now looks good huge rooms right at 100 a night. Airport pickup, Free made to order breakfast and a two room suties. Located in Scottsdale. Where else has anyone found that looks great.
I had rooms booked there 2 years ago when I thought Iowa was going to Fiesta.

Arizona Biltmore
The Bolders

I got married at The Boulders in Carefree earlier this year. If you can afford to stay there it is AMAZING!!. World class resort. Terrific golf courses. Just an awesome place. Its a long drive down to Tempe though.

Sounds first class.

Now now - everyone has different budgets.

Not everyone wants to stay at a local mom and pop hotel - they want the comfort of a national brand (even though they are all independently owned and operated.)

So Best Western - I'm cool with it.

But dude - when you're in a strange city, traveling... try not to eat at Denny's and Panchero's. Seriously? You're in ARIZONA - I am 100000% sure you can find a far better burrito.

It depends on what kind of scene you are looking for. If you want nightclubs, fist pumps, spray tans, enhanced physical features, then stay in Old Town Scottsdale. College scene stay down in Tempe close to Mill Ave. If you want to play golf while your here stay closer to North Scottsdale. The nice thing is all of these areas have great restaraunts/food choices.

Walking (stumbling) distance to the stadium will be a big one for my brothers and I, anymore hotels/motels in walking distance anyone is aware of?

Now now - everyone has different budgets.

Not everyone wants to stay at a local mom and pop hotel - they want the comfort of a national brand (even though they are all independently owned and operated.)

So Best Western - I'm cool with it.

But dude - when you're in a strange city, traveling... try not to eat at Denny's and Panchero's. Seriously? You're in ARIZONA - I am 100000% sure you can find a far better burrito.

I can't believe you're dissing Denny's.
Two words: GRAND SLAM.

I've been here for 9 years and I have still yet to find a better burrito than Pancheros. I will say, for other mexican fare (tacos, enchiladas, rellenos, etc) yes, there is great food down here and better than what you would find back in Iowa. However, for burrito's, I personally haven't found one to top Pancheros.

I went last year and stayed at the Sheraton in Tempe. I would recommend Tempe over Scottsdale or Phoenix. The Mill Ave district has many restaraunts and bars and they are more reasonably priced than Scottsdale. We are staying in Tempe again this year.

My dad (Austin 77) and I went last year as well and we normally stay at the team hotel but this year it just wont work out. We want to stay near the team hotel in Scottsdale otherwise near Mill ave in Tempe would be my second choice.

Austin, you end up staying here? We did and loved it. Beautiful property. Great breakfast -- the best "complimentary" breakfast I have ever had in many years of travel. (Put complimentary in quotes because all guests are still paying for it through their bills.) Rooms are showing their age a bit but are large, clean, nicely kept. The sports bar was surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant. We had two meals there. Between the Insight, Fiesta, New Years, a corporate party and a bat mitzvah, the place was sold out over the weekend so we had to check out before noon. But we lounged around the back pool for four hours before heading to the airport and loved it. Was proud to be the only one wearing shorts, a short-sleeved shirt and a slight sunburn on our trip back to EWR.

Best part: the Stanford band was staying there for Monday night's game. Did I mention Stanford has some beautiful young women who apparently are musically inclined?

We'd stay there again, whether or not the band was.

Austin, you end up staying here? We did and loved it. Beautiful property. Great breakfast -- the best "complimentary" breakfast I have ever had in many years of travel. (Put complimentary in quotes because all guests are still paying for it through their bills.) Rooms are showing their age a bit but are large, clean, nicely kept. The sports bar was surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant. We had two meals there. Between the Insight, Fiesta, New Years, a corporate party and a bat mitzvah, the place was sold out over the weekend so we had to check out before noon. But we lounged around the back pool for four hours before heading to the airport and loved it. Was proud to be the only one wearing shorts, a short-sleeved shirt and a slight sunburn on our trip back to EWR.

Best part: the Stanford band was staying there for Monday night's game. Did I mention Stanford has some beautiful young women who apparently are musically inclined?

We'd stay there again, whether or not the band was.

My family and I also stayed at Chaparral Suites and really enjoyed it. Probably run into you.
Agree with everything you said about rooms and breakfast. Hardest working and friendly housekeepers I have ever met. I mentioned to the the guys back at work I wished everybody had the work ethic and attitude thay had. Old Scottsdale was a little disappointing. Went to R&R after Hawk Huddle. Was able to walk to hotel.

Hardest working and friendly housekeepers I have ever met. I mentioned to the the guys back at work I wished everybody had the work ethic and attitude thay had.

Hard to find that in hotel staff nowadays. Wish they would cut back on the dividends and pay a better wage so I could get decent service when I travel. Basically can't even tip your way into excellent service with the staff most hotels are running these days.

Oh, the wonderful Walmartization of America.

I can't lie, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right in Scottsdale. Free breakfast every morning and free beer/wine from 5-7 each day. I don't need anything more out of a hotel than that. It was walking distance from some good bars and good food. Drank at the bars during the day and hit up the free booze before dinner.

BTW. The Herb Box (restaurant, Vin, calm down) was excellent. I guess I don't know how the rest of the food was, but my shrimp with a jalapeno/wine reduction sauce was insane good.

Latest posts