Boring behind the scenes stuff- visits

I

Ian Pike Hammer

Whats the difference between an official visit by a recruit and an unofficial? How many of each are they allowed? Is it the same for football? All college sports?

Recruits are limited to five official visits during which the school foots the bill for the trip. Unofficials are unlimited and the recruits and their families pick up the tab.

The new rule for basketball would give each recruit 15 official visits.

Recruits are limited to five official visits during which the school foots the bill for the trip. Unofficials are unlimited and the recruits and their families pick up the tab.

Thanks, man.

I never understand this part. So the university pays for the travel and lodging and food right? So can rich universities pull out the red carpet...private jet, 5 star hotel, etc...or are there limits? Seems like it would all border on violations unless it's well regulated and monitored.

I never understand this part. So the university pays for the travel and lodging and food right? So can rich universities pull out the red carpet...private jet, 5 star hotel, etc...or are there limits? Seems like it would all border on violations unless it's well regulated and monitored.

i hadn't ever thought of this, but i suppose they could. however, it isn't cheap to gas up the Lear, pay the pilot, etc and fly it all over.

i hadn't ever thought of this, but i suppose they could. however, it isn't cheap to gas up the Lear, pay the pilot, etc and fly it all over.

Iowa flew Chris Leak in on a private jet for his visit. I think that was more of a logistical thing.

I do think there is a cap on what a school can spend, though. And there's a 72-hour window per visit. There are restrictions.

Iowa flew Chris Leak in on a private jet for his visit. I think that was more of a logistical thing.

I do think there is a cap on what a school can spend, though. And there's a 72-hour window per visit. There are restrictions.
Dang and Leaks recruitment wasn't yesterday. Did they do that for Petras? Or did he commit without having visited I can't remember off the top of my head

I'll do it the way, Bill Walton do, ride the bike to Iowa. IF I want to use 15 official visits to Iowa, I'll just ride my bike and park in their bike rack and visit. Plenty of places to ride the bike. I'm not interested in the airplanes or lavish car ride. To me. I rather take care of my heart! I'm interested in how the coaches want their players to take care of themselves in life.
marathon-bike-gif-food-2358803.gif

Dang and Leaks recruitment wasn't yesterday. Did they do that for Petras? Or did he commit without having visited I can't remember off the top of my head

Petras flew commercially with his family.

I don't know of a time Iowa has used a private plane since Leak but I could be forgetting someone.

I'll do it the way, Bill Walton do, ride the bike to Iowa. IF I want to use 15 official visits to Iowa, I'll just ride my bike and park in their bike rack and visit. Plenty of places to ride the bike. I'm not interested in the airplanes or lavish car ride. To me. I rather take care of my heart! I'm interested in how the coaches want their players to take care of themselves in life.
marathon-bike-gif-food-2358803.gif

You the man, Atomic. I just watched Cinderella Man for the first time and you are right. It is one of the best boxing movies ever. That Max Baer was one evil Mofo.....

:cool: