Boise State, K-State, or Baylor?

thejumper5

In projecting the upcoming week and the potential BCS standings, I would say that IF OSU beats Oklahoma and Baylor beats Texas, I think there is about a 20% chance that Baylor would jump Michigan and OU and end up in the top-14 of the BCS standings with those blue bloods being left out.

If this happens, a BCS bowl would have to choose between 11-1 Boise State, 9-3 Baylor and 10-2 Kansas State for their at-large spot. Kansas State beat Baylor head to head (by 1 point, in Manhattan), has a better record, has losses vs. OU and at Oklahoma State. Baylor has a worse loss than K-State (at Texas A&M) and lost to K-State, but they have better wins (vs. TCU, vs. OU) and have more individual star power. Boise State is Boise State; they have a big win over Georgia, a close loss to TCU, and a lot of cupcake wins. None of the three programs have particularly significant fan bases, which is why if OU or Michigan is an option, any BCS bowl would scoop them up in a heartbeat.

Who would you rather watch in a BCS bowl?
Who do you think a BCS bowl would choose?

Edit: Another thing that would likely need to happen for Michigan and OU to get left out of the top-14 would be for TCU to move up over them, which could happen, so I guess it would be a 4-team race including TCU.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see Griffin in a BCS game. He would be my pick for the Heisman right now.

The projections that myself and a fellow DI sports reporter came up with:

NCG: LSU/Bama
Rose: Oregon/Wisky
Fiesta: OSU/Houston
Sugar: Michigan/Stanford
Orange: WVU/VT

RGIII makes any game fun to watch but I do not think they have a good enough fan base to get a good bowl to take them. If Baylor is on TV I tune in.

But I would like to see Michigan qualify and get chosen for a BCS bowl. If the projections are correct and they play Houston in the Sugar Bowl that would be an entertaining game to watch. But it also leaves 1 more B1G tie in game available for one of the 10 bowl eligible schools. It makes the bowl games more fun to watch when there are B1G team involved.

Latest posts