Boise State drops from 6 to 11 in Sagarin

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
bcs rankings, on a bye week.

Last week's computer rankings are about as high as they are going to go. TCU is 5th and they still have Air Force and Utah to play. if TCU wins out, they will be the non AQ to get the automatic BCS bid...and unless Boise can get into Top 4, they will not.

Actually, TCU played Air Force yesterday and beat them 38-7. But, I believe the point is the same.

I'm hoping one of them makes it to the championship game now that Iowa is done. I think TCU would absolutely deserve it over Boise.

I think people have hyped Boise over TCU because Boise beat them last year in the Fiesta Bowl but that's dumb. There is no reason to include a win from an earlier year in a current teams resume.

BSU looks to be having a tough time vs. La Tech's defensive front. The score doesnt reflect it, but their O line is holding on nearly every play of late and i have yet to see a flag.

I'm hoping one of them makes it to the championship game now that Iowa is done. I think TCU would absolutely deserve it over Boise.

I think people have hyped Boise over TCU because Boise beat them last year in the Fiesta Bowl but that's dumb. There is no reason to include a win from an earlier year in a current teams resume.

I think this is true, but Boise returned the whole team from this win over TCU. If you and others believe this, how come Alabama is ranked so high this year. They have not shown much to me, and the only reason they are ranked so high is for their wins last year.

I think this is true, but Boise returned the whole team from this win over TCU. If you and others believe this, how come Alabama is ranked so high this year. They have not shown much to me, and the only reason they are ranked so high is for their wins last year.

This.

If last year's results didn't mean anything, there wouldn't be a pre-season top 25 poll and fans wouldn't go into games thinking their team should beat team x, y or z, based on last season's success vs those teams. In real life, it doesn't matter, the games get decided on the field...but conjecture always factors in and is usually based on past results.

This.

If last year's results didn't mean anything, there wouldn't be a pre-season top 25 poll and fans wouldn't go into games thinking their team should beat team x, y or z, based on last season's success vs those teams. In real life, it doesn't matter, the games get decided on the field...but conjecture always factors in and is usually based on past results.
We wouldn't know anything about that here at Iowa. :rolleyes:

I agree the preseason polls are all about last year and who is returning, but for people to use games from years past as to why they should play in the championship this year is just ridiculous.

Michigan State loses. Mizzou going to lose. Auburn only up 17-14 in the 2nd quarter at Ole Miss. Boise State, TCU, and Utah will be moving up again.

I don't like preseason rankings for this reason.

Latest posts