BOB STOOPS FOR AD FTW LET'S ROLL

What makes you say that? From what I've read, sounds like Goetz might be a pretty dynamic hire and exactly what Iowa needs. It also sounds like she was willing to hold off on other jobs and took this lateral move because Iowa AD is the job she wants. I'd be pretty excited by the prospects of a Goetz-Woods pairing moving forward. Ideally that also changes the dynamic within the athletic department, and perhaps we get back to hiring a black basketball coach(es) when Lisa and Fran step down. That's long overdue, in my opinion.
Had two of them in the 80's and it didn't work too bad.. in fact Stringer had at least a little to do with getting rid of the ridiculous six on six Iowa high school girls game.

Anyone miss that game? Talk about stuck in the 1950's.

90% chance that it's Goetz. Bringing her in to the fold when they did - for just enough time to aclimate - is the tell.

The administration possibly will interview a few other candidates to give the appearance of a process, but the ink on the contract more than likely is already dry.

I can't envision Stoops in that role. He strikes me as a big ego type that perhaps wouldn't mind overseeing athletic operations, but my guess is he would detest the fund-raising and pandering aspects of the job.

Stoops doesn't need the Money or aggravation

He certainly is completely Set for Life

Also has a money-maker location sitting on the expert table before the game starts
and at halftime

One of my favorite Hawkeye players ever

You didn't want to attempt to attempt to receive a pass in his territory

Opponents would rather immediately drop the pass before the punishment manifests itself

Despite all that, Bobby would be Perfect, beyond any others

Come on Down, Bobby

None the less. Here we go

Last edited:
Stoops got the band back together for the XFL. Chuck Long and Jonathan Hayes were both on his staff. I had to ask myself why would he still be doing it. He has plenty of money and has accomplished so much. Could KF be contemplating stepping down at the end of this season? Barta leaving, is Stoops and his guys waiting in the wings?

Stoops got the band back together for the XFL. Chuck Long and Jonathan Hayes were both on his staff. I had to ask myself why would he still be doing it. He has plenty of money and has accomplished so much. Could KF be contemplating stepping down at the end of this season? Barta leaving, is Stoops and his guys waiting in the wings?
A lovely dream, but I don't see KF leaving in the next couple of seasons, and Bobby is no spring chicken himself. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the next HC at Iowa is on the current staff.

A lovely dream, but I don't see KF leaving in the next couple of seasons, and Bobby is no spring chicken himself. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the next HC at Iowa is on the current staff.

I'm sure you're correct. I just thought it was interesting that Stoops was coaching in the XFL and interesting he had Chuck Long and Jonathan Hayes on his staff. Both throwbacks from his days at Oklahoma.

In ways, I would love to see Stoops take over when KF chooses to step down. But for the time being, I'm happy with what KF is doing at Iowa. But if the time comes, I would be good with Bobby Stoops. If not, I sure hope LaVar Woods gets a serious look.

I would hope that the University of Iowa and all that are involved see that a succession to Brian is not or should not happen. BF would be best served to move onto other potential opportunities and allow himself to grow as a coach and make his own road out from under his father's shadow and legacy.

I'm sure you're correct. I just thought it was interesting that Stoops was coaching in the XFL and interesting he had Chuck Long and Jonathan Hayes on his staff. Both throwbacks from his days at Oklahoma.

In ways, I would love to see Stoops take over when KF chooses to step down. But for the time being, I'm happy with what KF is doing at Iowa. But if the time comes, I would be good with Bobby Stoops. If not, I sure hope LaVar Woods gets a serious look.

I would hope that the University of Iowa and all that are involved see that a succession to Brian is not or should not happen. BF would be best served to move onto other potential opportunities and allow himself to grow as a coach and make his own road out from under his father's shadow and legacy.

Coaching in the XFL is probably a dream for a guy like Stoops. Absolutely no pressure to win, no fans calling you out over a play call in a grocery store 9 months after the fact, short schedule, he probably got some equity, it's perfect for a semi-retired dude like him.

Coaching in the XFL is probably a dream for a guy like Stoops. Absolutely no pressure to win, no fans calling you out over a play call in a grocery store 9 months after the fact, short schedule, he probably got some equity, it's perfect for a semi-retired dude like him.
He seemed to really enjoy himself and winning the whole thing is another feather in his cap. I also think the team had a 6-10? record before they made their play off run. I'm sure that made it even better.

I am withholding judgment on who should be the next coach until that decision is before Iowa. KF could coach another 5 years. A lot can happen. Woods might already have another gig. BF could somehow destankify himself. Phil Parker could lobby for the gig. Six years ago Scott Frost was the hosted HC candidate in the country, now he is a pile of steaming poop. Nick Saban was run out of the NFL at one point in his career. Reputations rise and fall pretty quickly in this industry.

I am withholding judgment on who should be the next coach until that decision is before Iowa. KF could coach another 5 years. A lot can happen. Woods might already have another gig. BF could somehow destankify himself. Phil Parker could lobby for the gig. Six years ago Scott Frost was the hosted HC candidate in the country, now he is a pile of steaming poop. Nick Saban was run out of the NFL at one point in his career. Reputations rise and fall pretty quickly in this industry.
Isn't that the truth. Success at one place does not ensure continued success. Many of coach has taken the money and leap of faith and landed on their heads. The grass is not always greener on the other side. I am hoping (for the time being) that KF continues his legacy and the offense is reborn into what we have seen it do under KF. Maybe we see some new wrinkles or the playbook opened up with the right personnel and execution.

Isn't that the truth. Success at one place does not ensure continued success. Many of coach has taken the money and leap of faith and landed on their heads. The grass is not always greener on the other side. I am hoping (for the time being) that KF continues his legacy and the offense is reborn into what we have seen it do under KF. Maybe we see some new wrinkles or the playbook opened up with the right personnel and execution.
Agreed. My sincere hope when KF retires is that BF is a legitimate candidate to replace him. I am not rooting for him to get the job, but if he is a contender, it means that he got the offense back to a position of respectability KF's last couple of seasons. An average offense makes Iowa a contender for 10 wins most seasons. I do think BF will be a HC somewhere and at some point in his career. Probably at a lower level.

It's time to stop locking up these college emperors with eight, ten, twelve year contracts. This is the NIL era, not the second half of the twentieth century where coaches stayed for generations and end up wagging the dog.

Right now the NIL is like the wild west, with no sheriff in town. Hire an AD who embraces it.

:cool:
Baseball Friday. Rick and Staff plus Iowa Players. Like our chances. Marcus and others rather Tough! Go Hawks!