Bitter sweet W considering the media piling on...

VenturaAce

Everyone in the media (especially central Iowa sports talk radio egos) wanted to harp on the negativity of the few players that didn't join us in Tempe, the media loved to embellish that the entire house was on fire, yet we had 50+ players that deserved better and were rewarded tonight. It could have easily been a loss tonight (thanks officials for over-turned 4th down catch!), but they showed some TRUE GRIT and character by flushing the negativity and played well with a depleted roster. Mad props to our seniors who were OH so close this year. I'm as disappointed as anyone about the NW and Minnesota losses, inexcusable IMO, but we had Wisky and OSU beat and had respectable wins over Michigan State and Misery.

I completely agree with you about the media. It is there job to get news stories that get people's attention but they did make a huge deal about a couple players having problems. I am not saying those problems are okay by any means but I think the media predicted a lot more players getting in trouble than actually did.

Latest posts