Bill Walton is certifiably nuts

tweeterhawk

Iowa, the B1G and now FOX Sports have Gus Johnson. But now living in Pac-12 country I get my regular dose of crazy in the form of Bill Walton. Bill is one shoelace short of sneaker, a few french fries short of a happy meal, a few WMDs short of being a Clear and Present Danger.

You talking about Bill.....

678924072258cef3e3e87d547c64a34d--bill-walton-human-being.jpg

http://jeffplay.blogspot.com/2006/01/i-hate-bill-walton.html

:cool:

I'll honestly watch any P12 game they put on just to hear some of his commentary. I can't always take a full game, but you can always count on some slightly non-PC comments and overboard praise for the "conference of champions", while his sidekick plays along and isn't the slightest bit afraid to dish it back at Bill.

Is this breaking news?

Dickie V has over-the-top east coast baby schtick.
Walton has a Cali-hippie schtick.

Both are worth some entertainment but both have long past their primes — the schticks.

He’s kinda like John Madden in the sense that he has become a character more than he’s a color commentator. And once you start that, nobody really takes you seriously so you have to keep the character going. Basically for entertainment purposes because you’re not providing incite into the game. And some people like that. Walton is about the most unintentially funny person out there.

Me personally, I prefer guys like Bilis, Klatt, & Romo who obviously study tape and explain schemes teams are trying to run

Latest posts