Biggest week of the season coming up

IowaHawkeyeFB

Back to back road games @PSU and @Nebraska. Of course you want to go 2-0, but 1-1 is a must or else tournament hopes are probably gone.

Don’t weeks usually start on Monday and end on Sunday? ;)

Definitely two big games coming up, really only focused on the Penn State one right now as I hope the players are. We should beat Nebraska but road games are always tough.

Back to back road games @PSU and @Nebraska. Of course you want to go 2-0, but 1-1 is a must or else tournament hopes are probably gone.

Lol what? Losing 2 road games, 1 of which would be to a ranked team, does not mean our tournament hopes are gone. With that said, I fully expect us to beat Nebraska. If we lose to Penn State hopefully it's a close game at least.

Don’t weeks usually start on Monday and end on Sunday? ;)

Definitely two big games coming up, really only focused on the Penn State one right now as I hope the players are. We should beat Nebraska but road games are always tough.

We should have beat them there last year too - they were down to starting a bunch of walk on's, their best 2 players were out, their coach was DOA, Luka went off and we blew a huge lead. In my head - when I am thinking about wins, I basically just go and count every road game an L. Obviously, that's not how it works out, but that's truly how surprised I am when we win them.

We should have beat them there last year too - they were down to starting a bunch of walk on's, their best 2 players were out, their coach was DOA, Luka went off and we blew a huge lead. In my head - when I am thinking about wins, I basically just go and count every road game an L. Obviously, that's not how it works out, but that's truly how surprised I am when we win them.
You really can’t compare this years Nebraska team to last years. They made a mini run at the BTT after beating us last year and had some legit players (Palmer, Roby, Watson).

We wanted a tougher schedule and we got one. Has any team in the COUNTRY played fewer home games since Thanksgiving than the Hawkeyes?

They wont be gone, but it will kill the margin of error.
I don't think so. As long as we hold serve at home we'll be fine.

We are currently 10-3 with 9 home games and 9 road games left. I believe 19-12 will get us in considering that the B1G should have 7-10 teams.

The problem is, no JBo. Without him...

Hmmm, maybe you are right afterall.:D

Last edited:
Iowa is in that 5-12 group. This week will get us excited because Iowa is near 5 or it will get us nervous because we know Iowa is leaning toward 12.

You really can’t compare this years Nebraska team to last years. They made a mini run at the BTT after beating us last year and had some legit players (Palmer, Roby, Watson).

Oh I don't, but the point is, we can still lose to them on the road. They're 1-1 in the conference just like we are at this point, which means they beat someone there (Purdue) ... I'll be keeping a close eye on Rutgers visiting there tonight.

If we play Penn State tough and lose, I am fine with. We are a clear road dog against a slightly higher ranked team. No shame in a close loss. A win would be a real quality win on the resume.

My son and I will do our part in Lincoln on Tuesday. Nebraska has shown some signs, but for the most part does not have the talent, and certainly not someone to stop Garza. I will be disappointed if we lose, but I have seen Iowa blow leads in astounding fashion in Lincoln before.

Oh I don't, but the point is, we can still lose to them on the road. They're 1-1 in the conference just like we are at this point, which means they beat someone there (Purdue) ... I'll be keeping a close eye on Rutgers visiting there tonight.
Agreed. Every road game will be a fight. I’ve been less and less impressed with Purdue recently. They lucked out to beat Minny at home last night. Just not really impressed with their guard play.

Nebraska is playing better ball now but if we want to be considered a tournament team that’s a game we should win.

Agreed. Every road game will be a fight. I’ve been less and less impressed with Purdue recently. They lucked out to beat Minny at home last night. Just not really impressed with their guard play.

Nebraska is playing better ball now but if we want to be considered a tournament team that’s a game we should win.

yup - I will be in row 5 mid court - tickets to a Tuesday 8 pm tip in Lincoln don't appear to be a hot commodity.

The Penn State game really concerns me. Out of all the decent teams we've beaten, none of them were very good from beyond the arc - Penn State is. If they continue to shoot like they have so far this year I feel we're in trouble. Hope I'm wrong!

The Penn State game really concerns me. Out of all the decent teams we've beaten, none of them were very good from beyond the arc - Penn State is. If they continue to shoot like they have so far this year I feel we're in trouble. Hope I'm wrong!
We have held some good teams well below their punching weight from beyond the arc. That may be they key to knocking off the Nittanies tomorrow.

Kriener also has a good history against them, when he isn't getting a flagrant elbow upside his head. A continuation of Sunday's effort would be huge.

Penn State takes a lot of 3s but they are only shooting 32% from behind the arc this year, which is not good. If we catch them on a hot night we are in trouble, as is about any team who catches them on a hot night.

I don't think so. As long as we hold serve at home we'll be fine.

We are currently 10-3 with 9 home games and 9 road games left. I believe 19-12 will get us in considering that the B1G should have 7-10 teams.

The problem is, no JBo. Without him...

Hmmm, maybe you are right afterall.:D
After this road trip it's Maryland Friday night, just got my tickets for that game. It's not getting any easier.

Latest posts