BIGGEST STEP AS "NEXT MAN IN" IN 2011

clim33

Only pick one name as the person who steps up the most in 2011 and leads the Hawk Football team to success..........

Knowing what the Hawks are about, gotta say Coker. (maybe not next man in since he ended as the starter)

Biggest one man next man is has to be Vandy...but i would also like to say as a unit the d-line needs to fill some big shoes. If the new d-line fills in nicely...the rest of the big ten needs to watch out for the hawks next year.

Definitely Vandenberg!!!! With our defense depleted due graduation and the draft, were going to have to score points to win.

Can't say he'd "lead" us to success. But I'm going to say Keenan Davis. We need Vandy to step up big time. I'm not saying he won't. But I think Davis really takes off this year.

Bernstine, hopefully he steps in and dominates. If he doesn't earn the FS position who ever would be in his place will need to step up big time.

Can't say he'd "lead" us to success. But I'm going to say Keenan Davis. We need Vandy to step up big time. I'm not saying he won't. But I think Davis really takes off this year.

I have to agree here. He might become a major team leader and he might not. But he is definitely ready to take the next step as next man in. He has looked like an NFL receiver since the day he stepped on campus and coaches have said he might be the most gifted receiver this coaching staff has landed. He has had 2 years in the system behind some very good receivers and with one of the best WR coaches in the country with Campbell. As long as he doesn't have another drop spell like the one he had last year before the Orange Bowl, I think we will see him step up into that #2 WR position and flourish in it along side McNutt and our strong running game. He and Vandenberg had all year to play together and develop chemistry on the 2nd team this year and it sounds like he has really polished his game since his time here and I expect him to live up to to the hype when he came here 2 years ago.

Vandy is the key player.
Coker ,Miller, Bernstine,Davis,McNutt etc. etc. are viable picks but IMO they have all proven themselves to the point that they will at least fill in and not lose anything. They also have the potential to come in and excel which I feel will be a step up.
I didn't feel our S's had that great of year last for whatever reason and I am confident our D will be at least about the same because IMO injuries were the most likely problem .

Has to be Vandy. If he can efficiently and consistently lead the offense to scores it will take a TON of pressure off of a fairly inexperienced defense. If this happens, the Hawks will be surprisingly good next season.

Latest posts