Biggest Game, YTD

revkev73

The game vs Wisconsin is the biggest of the year, to date, IMHO.

A home game, Iowa "should" win, vs a team that is a constant nemesis in BB and FB.

Would love to see Iowa dominate and make this a signature "we have arrived" type of game.

Two cents...

The game vs Wisconsin is the biggest of the year, to date, IMHO.

A home game, Iowa "should" win, vs a team that is a constant nemesis in BB and FB.

Would love to see Iowa dominate and make this a signature "we have arrived" type of game.

Two cents...

The next 7 days are very huge for Iowa. 2 games against teams in 2nd & 3rd place, and another against the team directly behind them in the standings.

Wisconsin
@Maryland
Illinois

The next 7 days are very huge for Iowa. 2 games against teams in 2nd & 3rd place, and another against the team directly behind them in the standings.

Wisconsin
@Maryland
Illinois

I'd be good with the two home wins and a darn good fight in the roady.

A win tonight would put us tied for second and provide a bit of separation from the middle pack. Important game.

Every game at home is going to be the biggest game because of how road games are shaping up this year. We can't afford to give one away at home and we need a make up road win for the turd we laid at Nebraska.

Aside from the current game being the biggest game YTD, the biggest game this YTD was vs. ranked Maryland in Carver after the bad loss at Nebraska.

That game was huge to steady the ship and begin a win streak against ranked opponents and a must win roads at NW.

Aside from the current game being the biggest game YTD, the biggest game this YTD was vs. ranked Maryland in Carver after the bad loss at Nebraska.

That game was huge to steady the ship and begin a win streak against ranked opponents and a must win roads at NW.
True, but this game will serve as a "starter exorcism" against the team we have to beat, but seldom have, in BB and FB.

True, but this game will serve as a "starter exorcism" against the team we have to beat, but seldom have, in BB and FB.
yes, all of that is the persepective of a fan.

FB is irrelevant to this BB team wisconsin. Plus, there are a couple of other teams that we seldom have beaten in BB.

I think Iowa wins this by 10+.....Don’t be surprised if you see something rare: Wisconsin tap out early.

On the importance scale I just don’t know where to put it. I do know Iowa better not lose it.

I think the stat to watch for our remaining games is three point shooting, because if we shoot even a respectable percentage it would take us turning the ball over a lot or there be a large descrepancy in foul shooting for our opponents to beat us. So for the next 2 games, this is what we have to deal with:

In B1G games only:

Iowa: 44.8% at home
25.9% away

Wisconsin: 38.2% home
28.5% away
Wisconsin's home opponent has been shooting 33% against them.

Maryland: 31.1% home
33.1% away
Maryland's away opponent has been shooting a dismal 19.9% against them.

By numbers only, if we split the difference tonight we shoot around 39%, which is a winning number for us.
Unfortunately at Maryland, I don't know if they have the rims too tight or if they pump their balls up too much, but nobody is shooting there at all, including the home team, and it points to us shooting around 23%, a losing number. However, to be positive, we just shot 45.5% against NW with their crappy Under Armor ball so we could do it there too.

I still think the Hawks win them both.

I think Iowa wins this by 10+.....Don’t be surprised if you see something rare: Wisconsin tap out early.

On the importance scale I just don’t know where to put it. I do know Iowa better not lose it.
I am hoping 10+, not sure about the spread. Badger players are punks: pulling, grabbing, rolling picks, flops. Similar to Husker football players.

Don't play into Wisconsin's game and we'll kick their ass soundly. You play like your competition. They play ugly enough to keep it close. Defend the arc and it's over. Don't let a red shirt freshman score 32 points

Latest posts