Big Ten's Best lists

ajbrand33

Is it weird that they list Penn State players before they joined the conference? For example im watching best running backs of the 80's but that was well before they joined the conference, and they listed DJ Dozier, Blair Thomas, and Curt Warner. Not really a big deal, as it makes for better programming and doesnt alienate them. Guess they will have to re-vote after July 1st to include Nebraska

Yeah that's kind of strange because in earlier episodes they didn't include PSU before they were in the conference. I forget the exact episode, maybe Best Duos of the 80s? I'm pretty sure at some point they acknowledge that they don't have any PSU players due to not being in the league at that point

They already have Nebraska on some lists. Suh was the best DL of the 2000's. I think they include these players for ratings purposes.

I always get a chuckle at people thinking journalistic integrity is at the top of the BTN's list. You have to understand/accept the BTN is just a mouthpiece/PR machine for the conference. Their goals are:

1. Put a positive face on the league and member teams.
2. Don't alienate any one fan base.
3. Make craploads of money for the league.

I always get a chuckle at people thinking journalistic integrity is at the top of the BTN's list. You have to understand/accept the BTN is just a mouthpiece/PR machine for the conference. Their goals are:

1. Put a positive face on the league and member teams.
2. Don't alienate any one fan base.
3. Make craploads of money for the league.

im ok with all of this, its not like they are changing record books or anything. just wondering if i was the only one who thought it was weird. will be interesting next off season to see the changes to these lists once they fully include nebraska. i havent seen any huskers on a list yet.

im ok with all of this, its not like they are changing record books or anything. just wondering if i was the only one who thought it was weird. will be interesting next off season to see the changes to these lists once they fully include nebraska. i havent seen any huskers on a list yet.

I don't find the Penn St part weird, they have been in the Big Ten most of my life. But it would be strange to see a list of something that includes Nebraska players when they were not in the Big Ten.

I don't find the Penn St part weird, they have been in the Big Ten most of my life. But it would be strange to see a list of something that includes Nebraska players when they were not in the Big Ten.
They included players from PSU prior to 1994. fwiw, I guess the BTN was polling people asking about top Nebraska players. IMO, if the player didn't physically play in the Big 10, they shouldn't be included.

What bugs me is some of their lists don't consider PSU players b/c they weren't in the B10 yet, and some do even though they weren't in the B1G at the time. I caught the "Best finishes of the 80's" lately, and they didn't include PSU, b/c they weren't a member yet. I think almost every other list includes PSU, whether they were a member or not. I kinda have a hard time considering Capilletti a Big Ten Legend, since he didn't play a down of Big Ten ball.
I'm of the mindset that they shouldn't be included in votes of the best of from before they were a member.

At first I thought the same thing, I think they should have honorable mention halfway thru the list (both Penn and Nebraska) . Then I thought what diff does it make. Did you see some of the numbers those guys put up? Right after I watched it I wondered if they had a deal to do a poll here on HN, I am curious what everyone thinks Coker will get this year, but dont want to read thru 100 post to compile the general feeling.

Yeah, I noticed that for the 2000s QBs they had Nebraska in it. I was disappointed with their top 10 rankings, but could understand Nebraska being included. There were 2 players I found it difficult to believe; Krenzel and someone else who is escaping me. Just shows how down the Big 10 was at the QB position during the 2000s if Krenzel was in the top 10.

Latest posts