Big Ten’s Top 25 Players: 25-21

HawkeyeHypnosis

Big Ten’s Top 25 Players: 25-21 | Inside the Hall | Indiana Hoosiers Basketball News, Recruiting and Analysis

From article:

22.*Roy Devyn Marble, Iowa, (6-foot-6, wing, junior)
29.5 mpg, 11.5 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.6 apg, 47.0 eFG%

Iowa is a trendy pick to jump up to the top-half of the Big Ten next season and Marble could be the catalyst of any Hawkeye improvement once again. Marble is a jack-of-all-trades guard that can play on the wing but is perhaps most potent when playing on the ball. His 6-foot-6 frame is problematic for smaller defenders and Marble improved in almost every statistical category from his freshman to sophomore season. Marble ended the season on a high note, scoring 31 points on 10 of 15 shooting in a NIT loss to Oregon and will look to build on that progress in 2013. Marble’s 31-point performance was buoyed by seven made 3′s (on just eight attempts) which accounted for nearly one third of his 3-point makes on the season. If Marble is going to be one of the conference’s best guards, he’s going to have to prove that he can hit the 3-point shot consistently. If he does improve his three point shooting, he could easily be an all league player by year’s end.

I like how IU fan is back to being snarky, using words like "trendy" to describe a conference opponent.
Hey IU fan, remember KELVIN SAMPSON?? Don't have amnesia now, loosiers.

So that is pretty much saying Devyn will be honorable mention all-B1G?

I disagree.

I dunno. Until he learns to hit threes consistently, and more importantly, defend, defend, defend, he's not going to be in the first or second tier of Big 10 players.

They've got White at #17. I'm assuming Marble and White will be the only Iowa players ranked.

On another note, I realize college basketball is all about recruiting, but it's bizarre to me that this list already has three incoming freshmen who haven't played a minute ranked ahead of Devyn.

I dunno. Until he learns to hit threes consistently, and more importantly, defend, defend, defend, he's not going to be in the first or second tier of Big 10 players.

Trust me Ghoates, I saw Roy Devyn in teh PTL this summer.

He will be one of the top 10-12 players in the B1G this year.

Trust me Ghoates, I saw Roy Devyn in teh PTL this summer.

He will be one of the top 10-12 players in the B1G this year.

Trust me Sectiones...PTL performance means nothing, and we all know it, and stop talking about it.

They've got White at #17. I'm assuming Marble and White will be the only Iowa players ranked.

On another note, I realize college basketball is all about recruiting, but it's bizarre to me that this list already has three incoming freshmen who haven't played a minute ranked ahead of Devyn.
At this point things are really looking good, Olive.....

:)

Since when is defense some magical key to being named all-conference?

I'm not saying Marble doesn't need to step up his defense, but it's offense that usually gets a guy on all-conference, unless you're a dominating shot blocker and rebounder.

Lot of good college players in the Big Ten this year...maybe not NBA ready,but good college players.
Very hard to really project frosh accurately when they have yet to take the floor in Div 1....but on paper,I guess they could be in the top 25...better crop than last year,in which I would probably have only put Zeller,Burke,and White among the top 25 at the end of the year. They already have McGary,Robinson III,Ferrell and Dekker in the top 25,and I will predict that Gary Harris will also make the list. The Big Ten is gonna be brutal this year.

Since when is defense some magical key to being named all-conference?

I'm not saying Marble doesn't need to step up his defense, but it's offense that usually gets a guy on all-conference, unless you're a dominating shot blocker and rebounder.
His offense more than makes up for his developing his defensive skills, Tm.....

His offense more than makes up for his developing his defensive skills, Tm.....

His offense is certainly not top 15 yet. He is not a consistent jump shooter, and next year, he'll be playing without the ball in his hands for the first time in his career. Outside of Oglesby, Iowa doesn't have a proven shooter on the team, which may make it difficult for RDM and White to slash.

His offense is certainly not top 15 yet. He is not a consistent jump shooter, and next year, he'll be playing without the ball in his hands for the first time in his career. Outside of Oglesby, Iowa doesn't have a proven shooter on the team, which may make it difficult for RDM and White to slash.

Except for you know his whole freshman year.

Big Ten’s Top 25 Players: 20-16 | Inside the Hall | Indiana Hoosiers Basketball News, Recruiting and Analysis

Heres the link for 20-16. From article:

17. Aaron White,*Iowa (6-foot-8, forward, sophomore)
23.8 mpg, 11.1 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 53.5 eFG%

While Indiana’s Cody Zeller and Michigan’s Trey Burke grabbed the majority of the headlines as the league’s best freshmen a season ago, White quietly put together a campaign that proved him worthy of inclusion on this list. He finished his first year in Iowa City with the fourth most rebounds and the fifth most points ever by a freshman in the program. White also ranked in the top ten in the Big Ten in offensive and defensive rebounding percentage and fouls drawn per 40 minutes. In Iowa’s final two games, he scored a combined 47 points and grabbed 19 rebounds. With a more established role in the starting lineup (he started just 14 games) and more minutes, White should once again be one of the league’s most efficient and effective front court players.

Latest posts