Big Ten Power Rankings

I don't mind a low ranking to start the season, but they have Iowa below PSU who they project to go 3-5 in conference, and Purdue, who they also have going 4-4.

Iowa will be 6th or higher at the end of the season.

If we have a worse season than Penn State I'll eat my computer. Folks are seriously underestimating the hits they've taken and severely overestimating how far "emotion" will take them. They just don't have the horses.

If we have a worse season than Penn State I'll eat my computer. Folks are seriously underestimating the hits they've taken and severely overestimating how far "emotion" will take them. They just don't have the horses.

Emotion takes you about three plays post initial kickoff. After that it's all talent and execution, assuming you're not dealing in weak-minded spineless teams (see: Zook, Ron)

Purdue seems to be the "sexy pick of the year." Remains to be seen if they deserve the accolades being thrown their way.

My thoughts, too.

That and Penn State plays at Iowa.

Lee Corso thinks Penn State will end the season with a losing record and the first of four straight losing seasons for Penn State.

Purdue plays at Iowa too. I think the Hawks take the Boilermakers in Iowa City.

Hawks should finish above these two schools in November.

Anyone else feel like MSU could be this year's version of 2010 Iowa? Following a surprise 11 win season, lots of hype, stellar defense only to fail to live up to expectations. Except MSU doesn't have a senior QB.

MSU is at Michigan, and at Wisconsin. They host OSU, Iowa, and Nebraska. They play all of them (almost) in a row (Indiana is in there somewhere). It won't be easy for them to win the big ten.

In regards to Purdue, it seems every few years they are expected to be the big sleeper pick, but those years turn out nothing. Occasional big upset, but nothing sustained more than a game or two.

Latest posts