Better LB Duo...Hodge/Greenway or Edds/Angerer

That is not a good comparison. While Hodge and Angerer, were mike backers.

Greenway played will. Edds was the strong side backer.

But, you did ask witch duo were better. Not even close. Hodge and Greenway.

I'd go Edds/Greenway. There wouldn't be a better cover duo or a faster one......except for maybe Angerer/Hodge :)

I couldn't argue this one as the game has changed. In the 'old' days (4 or 5 years ago) QB's didn't run quite as often, a the gun meant a passing play, etc. Now, QB's are running, RB's are passing, WR's are......, well bigger or shorter and faster than ever. In '02 Brad Banks was a bit of an anomoly. Now days what he did is common place.

I'd hate to say something too, jmarkhawk.

If it made it look like I didn't know football, I'd hate to say it too:)

Just kidding. I am betting that 90% of all that answer would say Hodge/Greenway, though.

I would have to say Greenway/Hodge. Angerer/Edds are great and close to G/H but I think they benefit from a better d-line. Greenway's senior year I remember him lining up at DE on occassions. Slight edge to A/E in passing downs as mentioned above.

Greenway/Hodge on 1st and 2nd down.
Edds/Angerer on 3rd and 4th down.

to take this a little farther, it all depends on the opponent and the game situation.

against a power running team like Wisconsin, hands down Hodge and Greenway, but against a spread team or a mobile running QB (like a NW) I think I would rather have Edds,Angerer. I would also probably have them against any team in a 2 minute drill type situation and would rather have Hodge/Greenway against about any team in a goal line situation.

Greenway/Hodge on 1st and 2nd down.
Edds/Angerer on 3rd and 4th down.

Iowa fans are SO very lucky to have had these 4 LB's, plus Klink and Humpal.

However, I have to go with Edds/Angerer/ Why?
Their Defense won the 1st BCS Bowl game for Iowa.

Love Abdul & Chad...........we have been spoiled as Iowa FB fans! :)

id go Hodge Greenway Angerer and Edds are both great, but just look at the all time tackle totals for iowa and i believe greenway and hodge are both in the top 3. they were two of the most dominant linebackers ive ever seen for 3 years.

id go Hodge Greenway Angerer and Edds are both great, but just look at the all time tackle totals for iowa and i believe greenway and hodge are both in the top 3. they were two of the most dominant linebackers ive ever seen for 3 years.

Angerer is clearly one of the greatest tacklers EVER at Iowa. He was first team All American by many services.

Edds pass coverage skills are also the best at Iowa, ever for a Linebacker.

That combination, in 2010, was simply awesome. Thus the defensive prowess of the 2010 group.

Latest posts