Better Coaching Job: The U or The Swamp

What is the better coaching job?

• The U

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • The Swamp

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

thejumper5

Which school is the better job for the coach? At Miami, there is a big city and the beach to recruit to, plus there's the "swagger" that is The U that nearly no other school can touch. At Florida, there is the SEC and everything (good and bad) that comes with it and there is the funding of the state school.

What's the better job?

(Secondarily, where would YOU rather coach?)

Florida, and it's not even close. Being the head coach at UF is almost as easy as Mack Brown's job. No excuse to not win.

I will state the case for Miami. No, its not more prestigious. No, it doesn't have the recent wins.
BUT, there are far less expectations for winning in a significantly weaker conference. So, while Florida is the overall better gig, if I was a hot coach I think I'd lean really hard towards Miami for what I mentioned and that Miami is significantly better than Gainsville.

I will state the case for Miami. No, its not more prestigious. No, it doesn't have the recent wins.
BUT, there are far less expectations for winning in a significantly weaker conference. So, while Florida is the overall better gig, if I was a hot coach I think I'd lean really hard towards Miami for what I mentioned and that Miami is significantly better than Gainsville.

I don't think there are less expectations for winning at Miami. If there were, Shannon would still be there. From all accounts he was a great guy, ran a very clean program, recruited well, re-established the recruiting bridges that Coker burned, just didn't win enough. Both schools expect a national titles every five years or so. They also have an off campus stadium and a much smaller and less loyal fan base than Florida does, see the 30,000 attendance figures at the end of the year.

oh yeah, shannon certainly didn't win, and that in a weak conference. but a good coach shouldn't have a problem getting 9-10 wins in that conference. that same total is near impossible in the SEC on a regular basis.

Latest posts