Best LB's of Ferentz Era.

SonofaSailor

Is it time to consider the trio of: Morris, Hitch, and Kirksey the best LB trio of the Ferentz era? I think they might be right up there with: Chabdul Hodgeway and Ed Miles (wasn't it Miles with those two?) and the 2009 crew of Angerer, Edds, and Hunter.

Either way, these three are dang impressive...Morris took a LOT of heat in the last few years...and to see him play like he has played this year is pretty special.

Easily in the conversation. The HodgeWay/Miles trio was pretty top-notch, but I think this trio is more similar to the Edds/Angerer/Hunter group in terms of getting lots of turnovers, where the HodgeWay guys had DBs making most of the INTs.

The 2003-2005 trio had much better Special Teams support, IMO, which allows you to have a wider swing from conservative-to-aggressive-depending-on-situation elements.

Give me Hodge/Greenway/Steen in 2003 or Hodge/Greenway/Lewis in 2004 before any other LB trio of the KF era, this years included.

Also helps to have the defensive line those guys got to play behind.

Is it time to consider the trio of: Morris, Hitch, and Kirksey the best LB trio of the Ferentz era? I think they might be right up there with: Chabdul Hodgeway and Ed Miles (wasn't it Miles with those two?) and the 2009 crew of Angerer, Edds, and Hunter.

Either way, these three are dang impressive...Morris took a LOT of heat in the last few years...and to see him play like he has played this year is pretty special.

I think the LBs were asked to do/tried to do more because of the deficiencies in the DL before this year. It helps when the front guys can keep the OL at bay. The LBs full talent could be revealed this year.

Give me Hodge/Greenway/Steen in 2003 or Hodge/Greenway/Lewis in 2004 before any other LB trio of the KF era, this years included.

Ill take all 3 LB's on this year's team over Grant Steen any day of the week

Well stated.

Ill take all 3 LB's on this year's team over Grant Steen any day of the week

Good for you, but the thread isnt about individual LB's. Its about a group of 3. Greenway and Hodge trump any combo of Hitchens, Morris and Kirksey any day of the week, by a long shot.

I think you could make the argument that this could be the single best year of LB core. But as a career I'd take Greenway, Hodge, Steen combo

I would say this year's team has the best #3 of the groups, but doesn't have any players as great as Greenway, Hodge, Angerer or Edds.

I would say this year's team has the best #3 of the groups, but doesn't have any players as great as Greenway, Hodge, Angerer or Edds.

This is more accurate. We haven't had a top-to-bottom unit as strong as this one before. But I would probably take Hodge/Greenway/Steen. Backs straight up feared Hodge, and Steen was good in coverage. Greenway was the most well-rounded and athletic linebacker that we've had in decades, at least.

I think Kirksey is as good as Edds.

Could be. I love Kirksey, think he is a player. Hawk fans seem to underestimate him, since he played the position that racks up the fewest stats. I just looked it up, and am surprised that he had one less tackle than Morris this year, and five less than Hitch. Pretty incredible, considering their positions.

I think Kirksey has the best chance in the NFL.

I think Greenway/Hodge and Angerer/Edds are both better LB duos than any combination of Morris/Hitchens/Kirksey, but M/H/K are probably the best trio of the KF era.

Not a group of guys, but I think Mike Klinkenborg and Fred Barr got undervalued. Those guys made huge contributions to their teams when they started.

Since I play too much EA NCAA college football, I'll come up with my LB ratings pulled out of my arse:

Greenway 98
Hodge 97
Angerer 96
Edds 95
Kirksey 93
Morris 92
Hitch 91
Nielsen 89
Hunter 88
Miles 88
Klink 88
Steen 87
Humpal 87

I love our LBs this year but Green way, Hodge, and whomever played with them(Steen, Miles, etc) were the best group ever. They were crazy good.

Individually I rank them

Greenway
hodge
Morris
Angerer
Edds
Hitchens and Kirksey are a toss up
All others mentioned below these guys.

I like Angerer, Greenway, and Eaads. Morris would be a great substitute. We definitely have produced some solid ones.

Latest posts