Best fans in the Big Ten (other than Iowa)

Hawkize1

I have been a season ticket holder for many years and I have tailgated with all the current big ten schools fans at some point along the way.
I will now rank them based on my perception of their friendliness and party abilities. (these rankings are based on fans as a whole not individuals).
1. Penn State (and it's not even close)
2. Wisconsin
3. Michigan
4. Minnesota
5. Northwestern
6. Purdue
7. Indiana
8. Ohio State
9. Illinois
10 Michigan State (Absolutely terrible)

Again these are based on my experiences, I'm sure yours will be different.

+1 on PSU. The Lions have classy fans.

I think you'll get some pushback ranking Wisky fans #2. In my experience, the top three are PSU, Purdue, and Michigan. YMMV.

I think it depends on which sport too.

Indiana football fans would be high on my list, their basketball fans, however are towards the bottom.

Could not disagree more about the MSU fans. Had absolutely no hassles from anyone. That includes the game and the bars we hit in Lansing and on the two lane tour home. Can't the number of people who came up to our group to wish us luck and to comment on what a great game it was. It was a tough loss for them and there are a certain number of obnoxious fans everywhere, including Iowa City. I been to every Big Ten and have never been treated better. No way anyone can rate lower than the Illini fans.

Last edited:

Latest posts