Beneventi high on Hawks. December decision.

DowsHawk1

Benet junior QB Jake Beneventi had a second visit to Iowa and was quoted in the Sun Times Monday as having the Hawkeye's high on his list. "My favorite part was seeing Iowa on game day and the atmosphere at Kinnick Stadium. I think Iowa's offense is a great fit for a pro-style quarterback." He is also looking at IL. He is moving up his decision from a planned Feb. announcement and states he is comfortable with both and the opportunities at either one.

Jake is a 4* on Scout per the article.

It's early.. but Iowa really is positioned quite well for 2015 recruiting.

Both Paulsen twins, Beneventi, Hilliard's brother (#1 Prospect in Ohio!) all showing big interest early.. and Newborg already in the fold.

Come to Iowa and win, or go to Illinois and lose.....seems simple.

But there is a chance he could be the guy at Illinois. At Iowa he may have to sit on the bench for a few years.

Having said that, I almost would rather get Beneventi than Wiegers. Even though Wiegers looks pretty good in his videos that I have seen. But with Rudock, Beathard and Nic, we almost don't need to take a QB this year. But I do know most programs like to take a QB every year.

Sounds like a lifelong Illini fan family.

Lifelong fandom vs. Winning.

Alwas a tough decision for some.. we've seen it with the 2 biggest recuits in the state of Iowa for 2014 as well.

Hope we pull this kid.

Ha. The other 8% is ND, fwiw. But I think they've been out of the picture for awhile.

I dunno.. we'll see. Can't understand wanting to play for the Illini at this point though with their coach being.. well.. their coach.

All of his recent tweets & retweets show that we do have a pretty good chance. ND is out of the picture according to anything I can find. He says he will announce at 7pm central time tonight. 6 ft 6 190lbs. with a year of high school and a redshirt year to put some muscle on. Considered 11th best pro style QB in the class. He is entering the elite 11 competition in about a month or so i believe. Sounds like this could be a good get. He will either be a hawk or we will see a lot of him for 3-4 years with Illinois' current talent level, with the new B1G WEST.

Those percentages are a month old too, and don't take into account his recent campus visit, and Brian's recent trip out there.

But there is a chance he could be the guy at Illinois. At Iowa he may have to sit on the bench for a few years.

He is in the class of 2015. Which means he would most likely be redshirting when Rudock is a senior. If Rudock does in fact stay the starter then we will be looking for a new starter in Beneventi's RS FR year.

I thought it was suspicious that Steve Wiltfong immediately changed over his thing.

Some people (like him) really care about their Crystal Ball "Hit Rate".. some don't.

Latest posts