Beebe's conference

"He said he’s spoken with other conference commissioners but has chosen to keep those conversations private."

Like the Pac 10 and Big 10 Commissioners comments, "We promise not to ask any teams from the Big 12 to join our conference....bwahaaaaaaaa."

I posted in the other thread that it speaks volumes that Big 12 Board Chairman William Powers -- coincidentally, Texas president -- did not attend, with Beebe saying he had a plane to catch.

I say not true, or lame excuse. If you're president of the Big 12 gem and interested in preserving the unity and solidarity of the conference, you make other arrangements and join your conference commissioner at the wrap-up newser.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/142575-post105.html

Here is a synopsis from acgclone over on CyFanatic that gives a little more insight...

"Here are my thoughts after listening to the press conference, listening to KC sports talk radio and reading the articles.......

-The B12 is in full blown panic mode.

-No one at this point knows where they will end up, but they are all working in their own best interest and putting plans in place.

-The B12 is going to be raided by at least 2 and maybe 3 conferences.

-Formal invites will start to happen soon

Beyond this here are my personal speculative ideas that I think will happen......

-The Pac 10 initially started floating taking 10 from the B12 but after looking at the financials they decided all they need is 6.

-With that said, there's no guarantee that UT/OU/A&M will say yes. I wouldn't be surprised if UT to the B10 and OU/A&M to the SEC happened, but I still think they stay together and go to the Pac 10.

-We are going to be on the outside looking in when this is all said and done, along with Kstate and KU."

Here is a synopsis from acgclone over on CyFanatic that gives a little more insight...

"Here are my thoughts after listening to the press conference, listening to KC sports talk radio and reading the articles.......

-The B12 is in full blown panic mode.

-No one at this point knows where they will end up, but they are all working in their own best interest and putting plans in place.

-The B12 is going to be raided by at least 2 and maybe 3 conferences.

-Formal invites will start to happen soon

Beyond this here are my personal speculative ideas that I think will happen......

-The Pac 10 initially started floating taking 10 from the B12 but after looking at the financials they decided all they need is 6.

-With that said, there's no guarantee that UT/OU/A&M will say yes. I wouldn't be surprised if UT to the B10 and OU/A&M to the SEC happened, but I still think they stay together and go to the Pac 10.

-We are going to be on the outside looking in when this is all said and done, along with Kstate and KU."

Thanks for the summary. This is very fun to see the I-State Tornado Birds in full panic mode.

Thanks for the summary. This is very fun to see the I-State Tornado Birds in full panic mode.

Maybe I missed where Cyclone fans are in full panic mode. The bottom line is none of us know how this will all shape up. There are a million pieces to the puzzle. I would prefer ISU remain in a power conference and not end up in one of the less-known conferences for football. I would guess ISU fans are just as curious about their future opponents as Iowa fans are ...

No way Kansas is on the outside looking in. They are 50 miles from a major market and have one of the best basketball programs in the country. They are also a member of the Association of the American Universities (AAU) which is a big deal to the Big10. TX, TX A&M, Iowa State, Nebraska, Rutgers, Colorado and Missouri are also members.

Because of this affiliation I can see it very likely that all or most of these schools get added to the Big10.

Of those listed TX A&M, Iowa State, Colorado and Rutgers are the only 'questionable' schools due to limited athletic success. Rutgers adds a HUGE market in New York, TX A&M will almost certainly be a package deal with TX and Colorado adds another huge market in Denver. Iowa St should panic as they don't bring a major market or athletic success.

Assuming we add 5 of those 8 schools, the Big10 would have 16 members which is the right size. The theme here is that Iowa State should be worried.

Every member of the Big10 is a member of the AAU.

Last edited:
The Big Ten would get Kansas City TV from adding Missouri, so adding Kansas doesn't add anything to the Big Ten from a monetary perspective. So why split the pot another way if Kansas cannot generate enough additional income to make it worth the Big 10's while?

No way Kansas is on the outside looking in. They are 50 miles from a major market and have one of the best basketball programs in the country. They are also a member of the Association of the American Universities (AAU) which is a big deal to the Big10. TX, TX A&M, Iowa State, Nebraska, Rutgers, Colorado and Missouri are also members.

Because of this affiliation I can see it very likely that all or most of these schools get added to the Big10.

Of those listed TX A&M, Iowa State, Colorado and Rutgers are the only 'questionable' schools due to limited athletic success. Rutgers adds a HUGE market in New York, TX A&M will almost certainly be a package deal with TX and Colorado adds another huge market in Denver. Iowa St should panic as they don't bring a major market or athletic success.

Assuming we add 5 of those 8 schools, the Big10 would have 16 members which is the right size. The theme here is that Iowa State should be worried.

Every member of the Big10 is a member of the AAU.

Wrong, if Kansas was wanted, someone would've said their name by now. If Big10 has MO, no need for Kansas.

The clowns will NOT be added to the Big 10 simply because they are part of the AAU. Other than that they have nothing to add to the Big 10. They aren't going to be added simply because the Big 10 feels sorry for them...nor should they. Iowa is already part of the Big 10 and that is enough. The clowns, if the Big 12 cannot survive, are on their own and rightfully so, that is their problem, not the Big 10s or Iowa's. There are plenty of other conferences for the clowns to join even if those conferences are not BCS conferences. Same with Kansas...

This letter to me says Pollard and the president know they are in deep trouble and at the mercy of others...it tells me also that things are going down quickly.

Wrong, if Kansas was wanted, someone would've said their name by now. If Big10 has MO, no need for Kansas.

Missouri is 2 hrs E of KC and 2 hrs W of St Louis on I70. KU has 5 National Championships in basketball and 12 total. Mizzou has 2 national championships in tiddly winks.

i fail to see the point you're making. you basically said that missouri's campus is a central location between st. louis and KC, correct? well i'm sure there are plenty of mizzou fans in both cities, so the BTN would probably be added to both areas...thus eliminating the need to add kansas

Kansas would be fun to bring into the B10 for basketball. Imagine the annual ACC/B10 challenge of Duke vs Kansas.