briankaldenberg

1. Undefeated SEC Champion
2. Undefeated Texas
3. 1 loss SEC Champion*
4. Undefeated Iowa*
5. 1 loss Texas Big 12 Champion*
6. 1 loss USC
7. Undefeated Cincinnati

3* I think if Alabama or Florida lose to a top 20 SEC team and it's real close they still get the nod.

4*If UNI doesn't lose again and Arizona finishes ranked in the top 20, I think we would go to title game no matter what assuming no Texas and SEC team is not still undefeated.

5* If Texas loses a real close battle to a top 25 teams they get the nod over USC assuming they win the rest of them. I think many of the voters will feel Texas deserves it more than USC considering what happened to Texas last year.

Last edited:
If (and thats a big IF) Iowa does win out, and Texas loses, I believe Iowa will play the winner of the SEC championship game (assuming both those teams stay undefeated).
Got to win this weekend first though.

They will NOT have an SEC/SEC national title game...period.

i was thinking the same thing. I think what was ment (or i could be completely wrong) was that if the winner of the SECCG had 1-loss they would get in with an undefeated Texas. I think it would be close depending on the loss.

if they had a sec sec title game you woul probably see the beginning of the end of the BCS... you do not think the Big 10 commissioner and others will get bent if their undeafeted BCS team is overlooked?

If Ohio State were sitting in Iowa's spot right now, I don't think they would get in based on recent history, but I don't know how these pollsters can punish Iowa for the lack of competitive nature of the Buckeyes in the last two trips to the NC Game.
They can say that the big ten is weak, that's like saying the first dog I ever knew was so dumb it couldn't find it's own food bowl everyday living in a 4'X6' kennel and then saying that all dogs are this stupid based on the actions of 1.
Iowa is not Ohio State and until they perform like Ohio State (in the BCS) then don't lump them in with Ohio State.

This would be a moot point if the Big 10 would start recruiting better and become a premier conference. As long as it is the 4th or 5th best conference, the Big 10 is going to be shut out of the Championship game if there are undefeated teams ahead of them. I saw one scenario where a one loss SEC team could jump an undefeated Iowa team, and rightly so

i was thinking the same thing. I think what was ment (or i could be completely wrong) was that if the winner of the SECCG had 1-loss they would get in with an undefeated Texas. I think it would be close depending on the loss.

Yes this is exactly what I meant. Let's say Alabama or Florida loses a real close game to top 20 SEC team in regular play. Then that 1 loss team goes on to win the SEC title game. They would still be able to make a strong case.

Alabama more so because of their non-conference win over Virginia Tech.

Speaking of Texas...Matt and Miller on KXnO had a Vegas Odds maker on yesterday and asked him what the line would be if Iowa played Alabama, Florida or USC...but they didn't ask about Texas...that kind of irked me.

Speaking of Texas...Matt and Miller on KXnO had a Vegas Odds maker on yesterday and asked him what the line would be if Iowa played Alabama, Florida or USC...but they didn't ask about Texas...that kind of irked me.

Didn't they say it would be 8 1/2?

Computers love Iowa. If Iowa is ranked 3rd in both polls, Texas 2nd in both polls... Iowa will jump Texas. Count on it.

Because of this I wouldn't put it past some voters to make sure Iowa is not ranked #3 in one or the other.