Baylor vs. Michigan

Re: Baylor in BCS?

Michigan will be at 14 after next weekend and if both Michigan and Baylor are available for an at large spot I guarantee you Michigan gets picked no matter who is higher ranked. Michigan will bring tons of fans to the game and millions of eyes to the TV sets. Baylor...not so much.

They could make it to the top-14 and could very well keep Michigan outside the top-14, but I don't see them having enough of a fan base to draw an at-large bid.

Ok... so not a good title. Would not make BCS game. But would knock Michigan out. Can a moderator change it to "Baylor v. Michigan" or something.

Hit "EDIT"
Then hit "Go Advanced" and you can edit the title

Michigan is going to be 16th in the BCS this week. Loser of Wisky MSU will fall below Michigan. Georgia won't fall below 14 unless they are blasted by LSU. Oklahoma won't fall below Michigan unless they are blasted by OSU. So I still don't understand why everyone thinks Michigan getting in the top 14 is a sure thing.

Last edited:

Michigan will be at 14 after next weekend and if both Michigan and Baylor are available for an at large spot I guarantee you Michigan gets picked no matter who is higher ranked. Michigan will bring tons of fans to the game and millions of eyes to the TV sets. Baylor...not so much.

Maybe clown fans can show them how to do an online petition.

They could make it to the top-14 and could very well keep Michigan outside the top-14, but I don't see them having enough of a fan base to draw an at-large bid.
Yes. First half is what I am saying. Not saying Baylor would go to a BCS game.

New Michigan numbers- .4420 in USA Today. .4369 in Harris.
New Baylor numbers- .3098 in USA Today. .3130 in Harris.
Using last weeks computer rankings. Michigan .370. Baylor .550.

"New" BCS ranking.
Michigan .4163
Baylor .3909

If Baylor beats Texas, I really think Baylor passes them. And I'm not doing this rooting for the Hawks to go to a lower bowl if Michigan is left out. It affects Iowa and ISU. Could mean whether B1G gets Mich St or Wisky and Mich in BCS. Or Big 12 getting OU and Okie St in.

Last edited:
New Michigan numbers- .4420 in USA Today. .4369 in Harris.
New Baylor numbers- .3098 in USA Today. .3130 in Harris.
Using last weeks computer rankings. Michigan .370. Baylor .550.

"New" BCS ranking.
Michigan .4163
Baylor .390

If Baylor beats Texas, I really think Baylor passes them. And I'm not doing this rooting for the Hawks to go to a lower bowl if Michigan is left out. It affects Iowa and ISU. Could mean whether B1G gets Mich St or Wisky and Mich in BCS. Or Big 12 getting OU and Okie St in.

Damn...the computers hate Michigan for some reason.

It's called a weak conference. ;)

Correct. The B1G Conference is just awful this year. I can't remember it ever being this weak?

Baylor is better than Michigan, but as usual, that won't matter. It's only about money, not who is the better team. That's always the case.

Correct. The B1G Conference is just awful this year. I can't remember it ever being this weak?

Baylor is better than Michigan, but as usual, that won't matter. It's only about money, not who is the better team. That's always the case.

But if Michigan isn't in the top 14 it's not about money.... because they can't be picked.

Latest posts