Basketball 2012 Class

sportstalent

I have been hesitant to look forward to the 2012 recruiting class since Iowa hasn't signed anyone in the 2011 class, but I feel like there may be two or three guys in Iowa's 2011 class before September.

Here is what I am thinking, everyone is stuck on Marcus Paige, but how much of an impact will it be to Iowa if he doesn't come. We may never know unless Paige wins a National Championship with the school he goes too and is the National POY.
So here are the players that I think are the best bets to go to Iowa in the 2012 class, I am not ruling out Paige because I think Coach Fran just has a plan in motion and with what happened with Devin Coleman, it is obvious he isn't going to "sit and wait" for a player to make up their mind.

1. Adam Woodbury
2. Wesley Staten
3. Perry Ellis
4. Mading Thok

You think we have a realistic shot at Ellis? A kid from Wichita, with offers from KSU, KU, Kentucky, Memphis, and Oklahoma? First, those are some of the most connected recruiting schools in the country. Second, they are all way better programs than ours.

I have been hesitant to look forward to the 2012 recruiting class since Iowa hasn't signed anyone in the 2011 class, but I feel like there may be two or three guys in Iowa's 2011 class before September.

Here is what I am thinking, everyone is stuck on Marcus Paige, but how much of an impact will it be to Iowa if he doesn't come. We may never know unless Paige wins a National Championship with the school he goes too and is the National POY.
So here are the players that I think are the best bets to go to Iowa in the 2012 class, I am not ruling out Paige because I think Coach Fran just has a plan in motion and with what happened with Devin Coleman, it is obvious he isn't going to "sit and wait" for a player to make up their mind.

1. Adam Woodbury
2. Wesley Staten
3. Perry Ellis
4. Mading Thok

Are you drinking? Seriously, Iowa just offered Ellis(who is a top 10 player BTW), and other schools that beat them to the punch include Kentucky and Kansas, two of the 3-4 most successful programs in the history of college basketball. They will not get this guy.

Also, ISU is far more likely to land Wesley Staten, and Thok will be a longshot. Woodbury I agree with for the moment, but Iowa fans need to get realistic.

Are you drinking? Seriously, Iowa just offered Ellis(who is a top 10 player BTW), and other schools that beat them to the punch include Kentucky and Kansas, two of the 3-4 most successful programs in the history of college basketball. They will not get this guy.

Also, ISU is far more likely to land Wesley Staten, and Thok will be a longshot. Woodbury I agree with for the moment, but Iowa fans need to get realistic.

Nope...smokin' apparently..lol
I am not sold on Staten to ISU until he commits. He is at Bishop Heelan now and there is a solid line to Iowa of late.
Just because they just offered Ellis doesn't mean anything, there is a lot of time to get him. There have been times Iowa has gotten players they shouldn't have and this is one to watch.
I like Iowa's chances for Thok if they show interest.
Woodbury and Thok could give Iowa a nice combo.

If Fran can pull Ellis out of Kansas with both KU and K-State offering then he is truly a magician when it comes to recruiting. Anything can happen, but you can bet Perry grew up cheering for one or the other of these two teams.

Latest posts